Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ButterBarInTraining
Egg

Post by ButterBarInTraining »

Well I thank you Rangers for your kind welcome, I'll be around watching and learning as best I can and I'll more than likely have some silly questions along the way but I certainly look forward to what you can teach.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I think buttercup might be a better title, but we'll reserve judgement. That was a decent introduction.

Over the next few years the officer management system will evolve and the basic branches will evolve with it. Your class standing will determine what branch you are assigned. You can expect that as either an Armor or Infantry lieutenant your key and critical goal must be platoon leadership. Accordingly, then, you have got to successfully complete the Ranger course as soon as possible. In the meantime, take advantage of every moment to make yourself as tactically and technically correct. Abuse your body by massive, challenging PT -- and then do pushups. Learn your craft by reading as much as possible. Here on this site, read the FAQs, stickies, and selected threads. The search button is your friend -- I'll let you know if I am going to be. Fight the urge to hit the send button.

Oh, and welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

Welcome. Congratulations on your aspiration.

Before you become a contracted cadet, please do an old man a favor and take a few moments to examine your motivation for pursuing a commission.

Given the current world situation, it is likely that you will find yourself deployed as a platoon leader. There are going to be a lot of eyes focused on you when that happens. The decisions you make and the actions you take will put soldiers' lives at risk. A pretty hefty amount of stress arises out of the very natural fear of fucking up and getting one of your men killed as a result. As the PL, you do not get to unload your stress as easily as your men. You do not share the easy camaraderie of the squad and the section. They expect you to be stoic. They look to you to be confident. For all that we rib young officers on this page, we have great expectations of them. Our ribbing is a result of the many times our expectations have not been fulfilled.

You've got a year or so before you have to commit. Take that time to look deep inside yourself and make sure you're not doing this just for the adventure, or because Dad was an officer, or because you need the scholarship money.

None of those motivations will sustain you when the going gets rough.

I wish you all the best.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Welcome to the Site..... Nice Intro... but push anyway...it will only make you stronger. :twisted:
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Who is your instructor ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

SGM, even though he said "Howdy" I suspect he's holed up in that bastion of Texan tree-huggers, hippies, fee-loaders, and various and assorted ne'er-do-wells otherwise known as Tee-sips, at TU-Austin. So, that means one of his instructors is a new-ish member here. Of course, this is just a theory.

So, if you are in TX stud, your first task is to determine if being spat upon is a criminal offence, if criminal, what type offence and punishments associated with it, or the various classes if any.

You’ve been told to push several times already. When you are given instructions to follow here, it is expected that you respond with an acknowledgement that the instructions were received, and/or complied with.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! Good luck with your decisions for the future.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
ButterBarInTraining
Egg

Post by ButterBarInTraining »

I apologize for the late reply, I do have a busy life and don't get around to the internet as often as I'd like to, work, housework, and PT come before play-time, and with my Father... out... housework has increased by quite a bit.

Ranger Ranger175csar, I'm pushing as soon as I finish writing this.

Ranger rgrpuck, I'll PM you his name right before I start pushing.

Ranger KW Driver, You're very close to being correct, with a slight technicality that will be fixed by the end of the year. Personally I feel that the liberal whacko's that are a part of that university deserve a rather special treatment, but their spitting upon a service member is not, and should not be a criminal offence no matter how much I want it to be.

As my Father taught me, it is not the place of the Military to dictate the actions and behavior of civilians, as this road would lead to a very dark place. The Military is not a police force, and most certainly not a legislative force. If Congress wants to make it illegal, I'm more than happy, but it should not be put in place, or enforced by the Military.

I do however feel that such an action is despicible, and an action resulting in the offending person being put under great deal of shame, but the action itself should not be criminal, as it will be seen as an attempt to restrict the rights of people to protest and then the outrage may well be worse than the action itself.
But I feel the person most definately should be given the choice of either living a few days in the life of a soldier, or learning a lot of history.

Civilians should always be given the right to protest, I don't mind that people oppose the War or the Military, there are always going to be differing opinions in a society that should value differing opinions.
I just wish that people had the courtesy to voice their differing opinions in a way that did not require so much... saliva, or such hatred, but I guess that's a tough thing to ask a group of people who like to delude themselves about the world.

But aside from a lesson on viewpoints, or a good history lesson, the best punishment for these people would be to simply ignore them, arguing with them won't succeed, teaching them will likely fail, punishing them will only make them stronger. This is one of the ugly problems where the only way to solve it is to ignore them, and eventually they will figure out that you are not listening and don't care, and their whole reason for such an action will dry up and probably make them go crying to their mothers because they aren't getting any attention.

Pming and then pushing now.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

December 1970. San Franciso airport. Returning from Vietnam amidst a horde of hippy war protesters believing communisim is a better way of life. I'm a 1LT in class A's and do a front leaning rest and kiss the floor of the terminal. I get up and am confronted with taunting chants calling me a baby killer. In my best parade voice I ask, "What did you say?" A female hippy steps forward and screams, "You're a damn baby killer!" I asked her to repeat that and she did. I hit her in the jaw as hard as I could and she fell to the floor. I looked at the crowd of hippies and asked if anyone else had anyting to say. Silence. I said, "I didn't think so." The hippy crowd parted and I passed through them like a hot knife through butter. I never looked back.

Think what you will, butter bar, of what I did. But if I was spit on, I would not ask them to repeat it. The first time would be enough and I'll be damned if I ever see a soldier abused and feel someone has a right to do it. There are things worth fighting for and not all of them are in the line of duty during war. Your diatribe is political correct, maybe legally right, but it is morally wrong. Somethings can not be ignored with the hope that they will just go away. Go to the next protest in uniform and when you're spit on in disgust, let me know what you did.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

ButterBarInTraining wrote: but their spitting upon a service member is not, and should not be a criminal offence no matter how much I want it to be.
Hmm, Now I know that in NH if you spit on any Corrections Officer or LE it was considered 2nd Degree Felony assault and punishable with up to 7 yrs. Now as for a civilian it was a misdemeanor if I remember correctly. This applied to any bodily fluids or feces. I'm new to Texas but fuck there has to be something somewhere.... call around and ask.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Wait a minute...... WTF... you dont think it should be a criminal act????? You think that is freedom of speach??????

Feel the same way about a cup of piss or maybe some man juice.... ????

Fuck that...Fuck them... My response would be in the form of sign language and I'll cry freedom of speach too after a quick chop to the throat... my way of saying.. "your fucked"

I was actually pulled over in NH for flipping someone the bird.... It called road rage... NO SHIT :? .
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

Welcome. :)
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Ranger Bill said it better than I could.

so if I walk up to you, both in civies or not, and spit in your face, it's a perfectly acceptible form of self-expression, that allows you no recourse, is the position of your opinion?

however well presented, you failed to execute the task I presented you. I didn't ask for an opnion.
KW Driver wrote: So, if you are in TX stud, your first task is to determine if being spat upon is a criminal offence, if criminal, what type offence and punishments associated with it, or the various classes if any.

do flutterkicks for failing to follow instructions, and execute the task given.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Introduction Archive”