Signs & Symptoms: Tension Pneumothorax

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

Doc, we just had a MOD test on this one today and it got a lot of people in the long run, if you'd like I can start relaying information on what to expect in whiskey training to the soldiers to better prepare them.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Doc wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote:Doc, we just had a MOD test on this one today and it got a lot of people in the long run, if you'd like I can start relaying information on what to expect in whiskey training to the soldiers to better prepare them.
I think it's a good idea. However, I will qualify that with a couple of caveats...

1. It would be good to post them as general topics of discussion to allow for some knowledge to given and received by all members.

2. Don't spend all your time posting up material from your school when you should be studying the next group of objectives.

Other than that, feel free...I can always delete it later if it runs to far afield. :twisted:

Check Six,
Doc
Roger that Doc,

New topic posted, I'm not going to go too crazy with it as the wealth of information we're getting crammed in so fast is too much to get into.

If you see any mistakes let me know, I realize there's a lot more to the initial assessments and such, but knowing those steps is the start to learning treatment associated with them.

I'm going by how we are taught, and we have the highest average GPA in the company by far.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Doc wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote:I'm going by how we are taught, and we have the highest average GPA in the company by far.
Yeah, and so did we and the guys across the quad and the guys next to them and...you get the point.

Learning is for yourself so you can give back to others, that's what matters.

Check Six,
Doc
Roger that Doc, we have good instructors is what I was getting at. :)

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Are you guys saying I should never have sex again?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Bill Clinton can provide a better definition of sex than I can, but I know what it is when I see or feel it. My point is that med-speak has a vocabulary that reminds me how little I know about something I should know more about. For all I know, half the time you medical types are talking about sex. But now I know the name of those two big neck veins.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Ranger Bill wrote:Bill Clinton can provide a better definition of sex than I can, but I know what it is when I see or feel it. My point is that med-speak has a vocabulary that reminds me how little I know about something I should know more about. For all I know, half the time you medical types are talking about sex. But now I know the name of those two big neck veins.
Ditto Ranger Bill! Goddamnit Doc! :x Isn't the pnewmothorax from the cretacious period as well? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn medics and their big words. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando

Return to “Medical Issues”