Martial Arts and kids

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
parluos

Aikido

Post by parluos »

Alpha Sharks wrote:Ranger Invictus,
Its all about personel preferance. With that being said Aikdo is a great style that teaches disapline and patients. I have been a student in Aikdo for 15 years now. I wish I would have started ealier.
Does the
ARMY teach Aikido? :P
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

My boys both were awarded their Shichikyu (Purple Belt) last week. As I said earlier in the thread, they are part of the KBK-AMID System, which is a mixed martial arts style. They are nearly halfway to their Black Belts. Our system has the following belt system:
White
Yellow
Orange
Purple
Green
Blue
Brown
Black
Here are a couple shots of the ceremony:

#1: Cody (11), after getting his certificate and his new belt. The old belt is draped across his shoulders.

#2: Austin (10), getting his belt tied.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bae
Embryo

Post by Bae »

Ranger Invictus its depends, some martial arts are more strength oriented while others like Aikido rely more on manipulation of your opponent and practically all forms of martial arts are useless for little kids as self defense against a teenager or a adult. But overall starting kids off at a young is good. But many times kids will give it up after they get their blacks or after they get bored.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Outstanding!

Mine will test in June for the orange.

Fu Jow pai (Tiger Claw) Kung Fu

White
Yellow
Orange
Green
Blue
Brown
Black + 10 Dan

We are training hard now.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Well, "Batman and Robin" were presented their Rokkyu (Green Belts) last week. The ceremony for this particular belt (in our style) last about an hour. The boys sat at a table with the senseis and took part in a symbolic tea ceremony. It was a very moving ceremony, and I was quite proud of both of them.
RLTW
EP

Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

I don’t know what is too early, but it’s never too late.
Kramer: Whoa, whoa. Can't? When did that word enter your vocabulary? What, is the job too difficult? (Jerry nods) What, you don't have enough experience? (Jerry shakes his head) Oh, you're not smart enough? (Jerry shakes his head) Where's your confidence? (Jerry shrugs his shoulders) Look, Elaine, let me tell you a story. When I first studied karate...

Elaine: Karate?

Kramer: Yeah, karate. I had no support. Not from him, not from Newman, no one. The first time I sparred with an opponent, I was terrified. My legs, they were like noodles. But then I looked inside, and I found my katra.

Elaine: Katra?

Kramer: Yeah, your spirit, your, uh, being. The part of you that says, "Yes, I can!"

Jerry: Sammy Davis had it.

Kramer: So I listened to my katra and now <vreep> I'm dominating the dojo. I'm class champion.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

My son started in October 2005 (Tiger Claw) Kung Fu. In December 2005 he was awarded his yellow beltn (Issued Jan 16.). Yesterday 4 July 2006 he was awarded/issued his orange belt.

He is on track for a kid 6 ½. I understand some move faster but he has a full schedule. Summer school 7 hours a day for English takes away a lot.

RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Nice pic Chiron! Congrats to your little killer!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Testing for the Green belt. He made no errors and out of the 4 that tested without bias he was the best. After the holidays will know the outcome.

As the road countinues... In Greece you can't be given the black unless you are minimum 14 years old I found out.

So if he gets his Green then he has Blue, Brown and waits till 14 while training for the black.

RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Picture is poor quality as I only had my cell phone... :roll:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton

Return to “Close Combat”