records?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Grifter
Ranger

records?

Post by Grifter »

wondering if anyone has the ability or knows how i can get a copy of my medical folder from batt...

i had taken the initiative prior to ETSing to get a semi decent copy of my records made...however (hundsight being 20/20) it is really incomplete, specifically in regards to the lazer surgery(PRK) as well it lacks dental and sight folders, as well as my immunization record...my current "copy" is only filled in thru june 2001 (i etsed dec 03)and only has half of the shots i received noted on it....i really need to track down exactly with what and when i was immunized so that the fire dept doesnt have to pump me full of more of the same crap...specifically in the hep A, B area...my current records only show one initial shot of each...however i am sure i recieved further shots prior to each deployment (ghan and iraq)...as well as TB results..

what do you suggest Rangers..

Grifter
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Try to get someone with access to MEDPROS and see if your still carried, that would provide your immunization record. As far as records, I highly doubt the unit is still maintaining them.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

Ranger Grifter144,

I had to track down some medical records for some of the soldiers that had ets'd from AD then got back into the reserves. Supposedly they go to St Louis then after processing go to the closest VA hospital in your Home of record area. The process is very slow so the first check is NPRC. Their customer service was very helpful when we were deploying and I was able to track down all the records in about a week and had them in hand within two weeks. Good Luck.

EDITED TO ADD CONTACT INFORMATION

Department of Veterans Affairs
Records Management Center
PO Box 5020
St Louis MO 63115-5020

314-538-4500
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

squareaway, thanks for the heads up gentlemen.
I went ahead and had a crap load of blood drawn so they could do a couple "titer" tests, which will supposedly tell them what i have and havent been innoculated against...thank God the Fire Dept is footing the bill...these fricking tests are expensive....or so the cute lil nurse said...good thing i have to go back for a TB test on tuesday...
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA

Return to “Medical Issues”