Requirements for RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Bushmaster
Embryo

Requirements for RIP

Post by Bushmaster »

There are several events that you have to pass in order to graduate the Ranger Indoctrination Program. All these standards must be met reguardless of age.

1. Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) modified: This consists of 2 min. of push-ups, 2 min. of sit-ups, a 2 mile run, and pull-ups. You must score a 70% in each event to receive a "Go". Here are the requirments.

a. Push-ups: 48 minimum
b. Sit-ups: 56 minimum
c. 2 mile run: no slower than 15:22
d. Pull-ups: 6 minimun (palms facing towards you)

2. Combat Water Survival test (CWST): This consists of 3 events the 15 meter swim, 3 meter blind drop and the equipment removal test. The test is conducted in Battle Dress Uniform (BDU's), boots, Load Carrying Equipment (LCE) and weapon. You cannot show fear or panic at anytime during the test, also you must maintain control of your weapon during each event with the exception of the equipment removal portion. You must pass all 3 events in the order stated above to receive a "Go".

3. 5 mile run: You have to complete the 5 mile run in formation. You must maintain an arms lenght from the man in front of you or you are considered a fallout.

a. 40 minutes or faster to receive a "Go".

4. 12 mile road march: You must complete a 12 mile tactical road march in formation with all combat euipment. This consists of BDU's, helmet, LCE, weapon and rucksack.

a. 3 hours or less to receive a "Go"
b. rucksack weight: 35lbs (not including water/chow)

5. Ranger Physical Assesment Test (RPAT): The RPAT consists of 6 events total, 3 mile run, 20 ft rope climb, 100 meter sled drag, 20ft. caving ladder, 200 meter sprint, negociate an 8 ft wall. The uniform will consist of BDU's, boots, helmet and LCE (when assigned to the regiment the LCE will be replaced with body armor). You must complete all events in the standard time and in the order stated above to recieve a "Go".

a. RPAT must be completed in less than 60 minutes

6. You will have 3 written examinations. You must maintain a 70% average on all tests to receive a "Go".

a. I am not telling you shit about the written tests.

I just read this sticky post by Ranger H8train and have a question.

What do you do on the second day of RIP?? :?
Just a grunt.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

LMAO!

it would sound superheroish to a civilian, hell i looked twice. but it is all possible for an in shape stud to accomplish.

hell, Ranger Badmuther did it so it has got to be possible. :wink:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

hit_it wrote:LMAO!

it would sound superheroish to a civilian, hell i looked twice. but it is all possible for an in shape stud to accomplish.

hell, Ranger Badmuther did it so it has got to be possible. :wink:
Man! Now I even have a recruiter ripping on me.......... :roll:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

we're studs. gotta be to put up with all this bullshit in recruiting.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

PM Inbound.

Please read it.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
ChuckNorris

Post by ChuckNorris »

God it all seems like yesterday...

(I know I know maybe because it was...) but in reality looking back at what at the time seemed to be the most difficult thing in the world... I can't help feeling the standard is too low... then again, last time I checked it was 80% on the pt test... am I wrong?
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

I got out in 96, however it was 80% at a minimum in Batt.... and had to pass at 80% in RIP to get to Batt. when I went through.

Then I heard people were coming to Batt only passing at 60% (reg army shit)....and it was our jobs to bring them up to speed. I dont know what it is now....
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “About RASP”