Jumping in Ranger School?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Re: Ranger Goog,

Post by Kilted Heathen »

blackwidow7 wrote:Hello...just got back, wounded, can't go. That's why i'm here.
Hey there SFC....you might want to watch that fucking mouth while you're a guest here.
You asked for advice and you're getting it. Spare us the witty fucking retorts, we're not your fucking cadets.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

CHCB wrote: You guys hear the legend about the Allied officer who, when asked after graduation what the hardest part of the course was, replied

"The jumping."

"Jumping? All the stuff you had to put up in Ranger school, why was it you found the jumping so hard?"

"Because I had never done it before!"

Legend says when they told everyone to fall out for airborne refresher, home slice just followed along, figured it was all part of the course.

If that damn story ain't true, it ought to be!
1SG Lane told a story of when he was an RI at Mountains. they had an African officer that didn't speak a lick of English. He went through pre-jump, rig, etc. they tailgated a 47. got the guy up, threw him out, 1SG Lane said last he saw this guy, he was trying to climb back up his static line. came to find out he was a leg and got a tab and jump wings when he left.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Ranger Goog,

Post by rgrpuck »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
blackwidow7 wrote:Hello...just got back, wounded, can't go. That's why i'm here.
Hey there SFC....you might want to watch that fucking mouth while you're a guest here.
You asked for advice and you're getting it. Spare us the witty fucking retorts, we're not your fucking cadets.

You must be workin to much ....you slowin down in your your old age.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

KW Driver wrote:
CHCB wrote: You guys hear the legend about the Allied officer who, when asked after graduation what the hardest part of the course was, replied

"The jumping."

"Jumping? All the stuff you had to put up in Ranger school, why was it you found the jumping so hard?"

"Because I had never done it before!"

Legend says when they told everyone to fall out for airborne refresher, home slice just followed along, figured it was all part of the course.

If that damn story ain't true, it ought to be!
1SG Lane told a story of when he was an RI at Mountains. they had an African officer that didn't speak a lick of English. He went through pre-jump, rig, etc. they tailgated a 47. got the guy up, threw him out, 1SG Lane said last he saw this guy, he was trying to climb back up his static line. came to find out he was a leg and got a tab and jump wings when he left.

Is that Bobby Lane you're talking about? Man, he and I had some good fucking times together when we were E-4s!!!!!
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yep, 1SG Bobby G. "Lane's World" was in full effect when I got there.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”