Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

EvilCouch wrote:
msg_dman wrote:Welcome

What exactly was wrong with your knees that wouldnt allow you to do PT with Bn, but would allow you to go into combat? Did you have surgery that you were recovering from? How did you mess up you legs "too many times" in less then 2 years? You opened the can of worms not me. You can't just mention that your knees were messed up, I had major reconstructive surgery on a torn Patella tendon, and went on to make 50 more jumps, so explain your statement to us.

Thanks
Fair enough.

After almost a year in Battalion, my knees started hurting like hell. I was trying to do the "strong" Ranger thing and just gut it out instead of seeing the medics about it. Naturally, my PT took a nosedive and SFC Seally sent me to HQ platoon. After a few weeks of being lazy, my knees felt great, so I tried getting into AT section and they were happy to have me.

After a bit more of that, I went into a monthly cycle of doing well, beating up my knees, going to sick call and getting a few days break.They told me at the time that the cartilidge on the back of my knees was burring up and scratching the hell out of the inside of my knees. They told me that there wasn't any surgury that could fix it and basically the only thing that was going to make it better was rest. (Which was why I could go to sick call, be out a few days and then come back ready to work) When they told me that I needed to be off my feet for a year, I decided to leave Battalion. Not only was I a tab-less bitch after two years in Battalion, the docs were telling me that I had to be gimp AND a tab-less bitch for another year.

So, I went to leg-land with the 11th regt. and pushed papers around for a few years, getting better. I got a PERSGRAM to report to 2ID in Korea and a few months into that we got orders to deploy to Iraq from there. My knees seemed like they were still being shitty, but I didn't want to puss out again, so I went. It ended up being fine with my knee problems, because my platoon was turned into a mobilized infantry platoon, driving around in vehicles hauling supplies and providing security. I basically spent the deployment sitting in a sling-seat of a HMMWV, shooting up cars that got too close to our convoys. I only really got boots on the ground once over there and no one was shooting at us and I didn't have to run or anything.

After we deployed back to the States, I finally saw a physical therapist about my knees and he told me that they weren't burred any more, but the knee caps were crooked and it'd take about 6 months of heavy physical therapy to get that fixed. So, I ETSed after 7 years and change and am trying to link up with a VA physical therapist to get this thing finally fixed.
I think you will be glad you stuck it out as long as you did and got to deploy, if you need any advice on your VA claim, just PM me, I just went through it.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome Bro'!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

I wanted to keep my posting to a minimum until the powers that be cleared me, but after this hearty of a reception, I've gotta say thanks! :D
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “Introduction Archive”