Land Warrior System

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
DocHoliday

Land Warrior System

Post by DocHoliday »

Have any of you guys heard of the Land Warrior System. if so when do you think it will be issued to soldiers and do you think Airborne troopers will get it?
Spartan

Land Warrior, Objective Force Warrior, Future Warrior, etc..

Post by Spartan »

The Army has many programs operating at the same time designed to modernize a soldiers equipment, weapons, commo equipment, vision, sensory equipment, etc... I have not been briefed, nor investigated the status of all these different programs. Some of the programs use off the shelf technology and adapt it to military purposes creating new capabilities and those that do, often times result in new science being performed to create systems that are targeted for a time farther out, like 15-30 years from today.

Here's a good place to start and you can check it out and get some answers for yourself:

http://www.sbccom.army.mil/
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

pneves:

Thanks for the site, I'm going to check it out right after I finish this reply. Hey while we are on the subject of new equipment, What do you think about the new camo's the Marines got? do you think the ARMY will get some?
Sal

Post by Sal »

Speaking of the Marines, I have yet to see their new cammo, can anyone give me a link to a pic or something. I heard they looked kind of wierd.
Spartan

USMC Homepage 101 for Unmotivated DEPs

Post by Spartan »

Sal wrote:Speaking of the Marines, I have yet to see their new cammo, can anyone give me a link to a pic or something...
How lame and unmotivated can you be Sal? Don't have the motivation to key in the USMC homepage? Think I'm going to do it for you? Wrong.
Sal

Post by Sal »

I did look on the Marine site, neves. Didnt see anything, and I wasnt going to download that uniform catolog. Ill check again maybe i missed it
Sal

Post by Sal »

I saw a couple pics after I went back, but none were up close where I could really get a good look. Oh well, Ill see it eventually
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

I'v seen what they look like, They look good to me...but the question is will the ARMY get them also?
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

WANNABEEES - HEED THIS ADVICE ::: NO WIMPY EXCUSES!

Post by Ranger »

Sal wrote:I did look on the Marine site, neves. Didnt see anything, and I wasnt going to download that uniform catolog. Ill check again maybe i missed it
If you want to be a Ranger you'd better get your head screwed on straight, right fucking now.

If anyone on this site ever gives you instructions and you see the name 'Ranger' by theirs, that should tell you that you're getting some worthwhile instructions and that someone who knows WTF they're talking about has taken some of their time to help you. In that case, you are to move the fuck out, promptly, smartly and without returning with a bunch of excuses on why you didn't complete the task.

A Ranger told you about ONE resource that may be of assistance to you in accomplishing your task. This was something YOU WANTED to know, not someone else. And what? You return here stating that out of the whole goddamned Internet, you only took it upon yourself to check out the one recommended website???

I don't think you have what it takes to be a Ranger Sal - you're too goddamned lazy. Now, the next time you come onto this site asking for help, move out smartly and find what you need. Don't come back here with excuses like "Gee, I couldn't complete the task", "The instructions were not complete" or "My head was so far up my ass I didn't know which way to turn". Those excuses won't cut it and you won't succeed in your endeavor, so you may as well correct your thinking NOW.

Here's a fresh idea - USE SOME INITIATIVE!!! Otherwise, you can make plans today to be one of those people who quit RIP the first day and save the American Taxpayer several thousand dollars, instead of quitting during the second week. Better yet, tell your airborne company commander that you don't want to go to the Regiment - that it's going to be too hard for you.

I don't need any reply from you, other than "Yes, I understand". No need for additional stupid elaborations or excuses as to what the hell you were thinking. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you follow instructions and achieve your objectives. GOT IT???

So far you're a NOGO at this station and thing's haven't even begun to get complicated yet.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Ranger, I went to google and tried to search for it, still couldnt find anything. Im not very good on a computer, and I guess I missed the fact that I was on a mission(there, I had to throw in some excuses) But your post has made me totally rethink all that. Im gonna go take some classes and learn how move around the internet. Im never gonna give up again when Im trying to locate a picture. You dont think I have what it takes to become a Ranger? (Sniffle) I quit then. Im gonna go tell my recruiter I want out of my contract. Im so scared now.
Honestly Ranger, I have a lot of respect for you, and Neves. You both have completed what I soon will go through. But dont expect me to be your little whipping post boy. I would rather be on friendly terms with you two. But do you honestly believe that YOU thinking I dont have what it takes means crap to me. Youve been there, yeah, and I take your opinion into deep consideration, but c'mon. I hope this post doesnt get your feathers ruffled and that you can reply to it without getting all ridiculously angry and emotional. But hey, its just a little flak and I gotta be honest.

PS please dont reply with anything that could be offensive or hurtful, I dont think I could take it.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Sal, the best thing you can do right now is to admit you fucked up, then shut up and move on. Even if you feel that you didn't do anything wrong, suck it up and shut up. If you can't take shit from a forum then maybe your not cut out to be a Ranger. Prove us all wrong
Matt117

Post by Matt117 »

No, Sal the best thing for you to do is to delete the last post you put on here, and shut your damn mouth like Glock said. First off, if the Rangers on this site tell you to do something, you need to respect that. In another post on this website, it said that we are all guests here, I don't think you understand that. I wouldn't take lightly what Rangers Tool and Neves have said to you and I would advise against mocking what they say. Just trying to give you a helpful hint man. You need to learn some respect for the people who are the athourity. It starts here man.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Well, Glock. If I honestly screwed up I would admit it. But it really doesnt matter.
Matt, if youll read my post youll see that I told Neves and Ranger that I do respect them and reflect on what they say. Theyre Rangers, its hard not to. I know Im a guest. But this isnt the Army. Its an internet forum. They give everybody crap, if I couldnt take it I would start brown-nosing so that they would quit. But I dont care. Like I said, its just a forum.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Sal, your right, it is a internet forum. But no one asked any of us to come here and take up space on the board. This is a forum for the RANGERS, we are just here asking questions that they have probably answered millions of times to other people. I'm not telling you to brown nose, thats bullshit and only pussies do it. You will learn that throughout your career that if someone calls you on something, even if you don't think it was bad. Say " I fucked up, but it won't happen again ". Thats all you need to say, and it will take care of the situation and they will respect you for it.
Spartan

Subjucation

Post by Spartan »

Sal: You have committed to being subjugated, trained and mentored by the best. If you can't handle what people write on a freakin' BB, then maybe you don't even need to be here. If you can't even handle providing the courtesies that those who have been there and done that have earned, while trying to go there yourself, then there is no doubt in my mind that you'll not only have trouble making it into the Ranger Regiment, but the Army period. So, you need to either adjust your attitude, or be gone.

Return to “Weapons of War”