Don't loot in Iraq

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Mule
Tadpole

Don't loot in Iraq

Post by Mule »

My friend sent me this video today and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. I thought it was cool, until the end.

http://www.foggymyst.com/DontLoot.wmv
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

It's already on the site....

EDIT: But in a prt you guys can't see.... :wink:
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Seems pretty unprofessional to me.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dumb Ass Legs......
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

What they did was clearly wrong and having a tank to give you a position of power over others does not make it right. It was not a combat sitution where they were defending themselves and they ran over the car from which occupants shot at them - they were just stealiing wood.

I think if people commit crimes and get caught, there should be a price to pay. There is a process for ensuring that the proper price is paid and destruction of personal property is NOT a part of it. Also, it is not the proper role for a soldier to adjudicate offenses of criminal law.

The citizens of Iraq, in this case, were denied due process which is one of the more fundamental values of our own constitution. If it were up to me, if I was in the soldier's chain of command, who participated in crushing this man's vehicle, I'd give them the option of replacing it with a like vehicle, or facing UCMJ.
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

I'm in awe.

What's with the "yeuh yeuh U.S. Army in your face" attitude from that one guy.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”