Languages

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

blinc

Languages

Post by blinc »

I am posting the thread in this area because the language portion of SF training is the closest thing I could think of, besides the general 'catch-all' forum. So if it needs to be moved, please do so.

My question is this. I'm scheduled myself to take an introductory Arabic course at my college this coming semester, and was wondering if anyone (Ranger/SF/etc.) who has experience with Eastern languages, can point me in the direction of some supplemental study guides, materials, and things like that. If there is a brand of audio cds/tapes, books, videos, pretty much anything that helped you out in your training, I'd love to hear about it.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I think you should re-read Leatherneck's DEP posting rules and then unfuck yourself first.

Get a translated Quran and start there. Know your enemy.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
blinc

Post by blinc »

My apologies SFC Hit It. I did read his posting rules first, and thought it seemed like a decent question. Bad judgement on my part. Again, sorry.
Unfucking beginning.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

The post is valid, just not for ths room.

It would have been better suited for the Rednecks Room because it's a general question and not particular enough to be here.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
blinc

Post by blinc »

Thanks a ton for the insight Leatherneck. I'll be sure to focus on what I have at hand then. I appreciate it.
blinc

Post by blinc »

Well, I just took my test. It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. The testers came over from the DLI in Monterey. Really great people. Beginning Arabic is now complete. :)

إنْشوفكُم بعدين.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Congrats.
Atrax

Post by Atrax »

I also recommend Alif Baa. We're using it in my 101 class right now, very easy to use and the DVD's are nice to have.
nadnklipsch
United States Marine

Post by nadnklipsch »

Anyone have any thoughts on Rosetta Stone? I'm thinking of buying the Arabic 1 cd-rom, and was wondering if anyone has any experience using this program.
http://www2.rosettastone.com/en

Thanks.
3/7 No shit

Return to “The Mosh Pit”