Mom's Ranger Son

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Welcome Ranger! Thank you for your service....and, GOOD LUCK!
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com....which one of em is your mom?
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome.......
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Damn Ranger, signing into 3d Bn in Sep 2001...
They say 'timing is everything', don't you know!
You've had a helluva tour.
Please consider NOT getting out. Your experience makes you the most valuable asset this country has right now.
I'm just finishing up reading the 'letters from school' forum - one thing stands out, and that's how the more motivated of our troops in the pipeline are let down by their training.
You've had a great enlistment, stay around for another and make sure the young 'uns coming up now can benefit from your experience, whether in a 'lesser' unit or in TRADOC somewhere. Somewhere in legland is a squad that could use you to bring them to standard.
Or just go SF... :P
Thanks for hanging in there - this FOG is green with envy, I had the Ford/Carter years :evil:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Exsquzme
Ranger

Hell of a time

Post by Exsquzme »

I ended up getting out, did my time, had a hell of a ride. I learned a great deal from being with the Rangers, but I decided to go back to college and finish up, I'm currently at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL, and having a blast out there, I signed up with the reserves, and to this day I still consider myself a Ranger, because once a Ranger always a Ranger!

RLTW
"Live life to the fullest" & "Never give up"
1st PLT WPNS SQD C Co. 3/75 01'-05'
RS 03-05
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Exsquzme wrote:Just home for the holidays, my mom told me about this website and just dropping a hello, currently between phases of mountains and florida graduate on the 28th of January, going back to 3/75, been there for 3 years OIF and OEF, hopefully getting out next year.
I am confused. Are you right now home for the holidays on a break from Ranger School between mountains and Florida? Who gets vacation from Ranger School?
Exsquzme wrote:I ended up getting out, did my time, had a hell of a ride. I learned a great deal from being with the Rangers, but I decided to go back to college and finish up, I'm currently at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL, and having a blast out there, I signed up with the reserves, and to this day I still consider myself a Ranger, because once a Ranger always a Ranger!RLTW
Or are you out of the Army in college?

Ohhhh, Wait! Your first post was from 2004 and your latest was 2005.

Your a silly Ranger aren't you? Now people, like me, are posting as if this is a new post when it is actually a year old.

Nevermind................
Blame it on Mat.

He has a tendency to bring shit back from the dead......... :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

centermass wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Exsquzme wrote:Just home for the holidays, my mom told me about this website and just dropping a hello, currently between phases of mountains and florida graduate on the 28th of January, going back to 3/75, been there for 3 years OIF and OEF, hopefully getting out next year.
I am confused. Are you right now home for the holidays on a break from Ranger School between mountains and Florida? Who gets vacation from Ranger School?
Exsquzme wrote:I ended up getting out, did my time, had a hell of a ride. I learned a great deal from being with the Rangers, but I decided to go back to college and finish up, I'm currently at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL, and having a blast out there, I signed up with the reserves, and to this day I still consider myself a Ranger, because once a Ranger always a Ranger!RLTW
Or are you out of the Army in college?

Ohhhh, Wait! Your first post was from 2004 and your latest was 2005.

Your a silly Ranger aren't you? Now people, like me, are posting as if this is a new post when it is actually a year old.

Nevermind................
Blame it on Mat.

He has a tendency to bring shit back from the dead......... :lol:
Holy shit....my bad.....knocking em out as we speak...damn attention to detail :lol:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Welcome

Post by Ranger Bill »

When I went through RS we had a break between phases, too. It was 4 hours long and we spent it eating.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Exsquzme
Ranger

Even though it was a year old

Post by Exsquzme »

Even though this message was from a year ago and I just updated it, to tell you the truth that break between mountains and florida was the best break to this day, I took advantage of that break like no other, crammed as much food down my throat, until I puked, and that break also helped me go straight through Ranger school, so thank God I had it, but thanks for all you cheering me on, and now we get to cheer the rest of the present Rangers on, because they're the ones that will carry on our legacy.
"Live life to the fullest" & "Never give up"
1st PLT WPNS SQD C Co. 3/75 01'-05'
RS 03-05
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Even though it was a year old

Post by Steadfast »

Exsquzme wrote:Even though this message was from a year ago and I just updated it, to tell you the truth that break between mountains and florida was the best break to this day, I took advantage of that break like no other, crammed as much food down my throat, until I puked, and that break also helped me go straight through Ranger school, so thank God I had it, but thanks for all you cheering me on, and now we get to cheer the rest of the present Rangers on, because they're the ones that will carry on our legacy.

Word!

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Even though it was a year old

Post by K.Ingraham »

Exsquzme wrote:Even though this message was from a year ago and I just updated it, to tell you the truth that break between mountains and florida was the best break to this day, I took advantage of that break like no other, crammed as much food down my throat, until I puked, and that break also helped me go straight through Ranger school, so thank God I had it, but thanks for all you cheering me on, and now we get to cheer the rest of the present Rangers on, because they're the ones that will carry on our legacy.
It's good you followed 'plan B' & stayed in the reserves, who really need your experience.
I took the same road myself, after 1 reenlistment for a total of 6+20.
Glad you're still snooping around in here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Paladin
BANNED

Mom's ranger Son

Post by Paladin »

Welcome! Exsquzme!
Finish and get the Tab!
RLTW
Paladin 1952

Return to “Introduction Archive”