Its about stinkin' time

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Spartan

Re: Congrats Ranger

Post by Spartan »

h8train1/75 wrote:Hey 2/75 do you remember what the sun even looks like. In the blue book it states that Rangers train 48 weeks out of the year, at 1/75 we also tan 48 weeks out of the year it's in our METL in between raid and ambush. :wink:
The sun? That's what deployments were for. :?
DocDaigle

It figures

Post by DocDaigle »

That shows you how smart they are up there at 2nd bat. Who the hell goes out into the Desert to get some sun, rather than to the Beach......HMMM, let me think, oh yeah, the boys from the Pacific North West. Just a glutton for punishment aren't you guys...

1/75 leads the way, right into the pub....Follow me I'll buy ya one.

RLTW[/quote]
Bell

Post by Bell »

Congratulations Sal. I posted a "congrats" message last night but it wound up in MM somehow. My bad. hahahhaa. I love that term. Makes everything alright don't it?

Now that yer there and look back I want ya to tell the little DEPshits in here how it really was. The heat ya took from us, the research ya did, the info we put out, and how it really was. Did we help ya or did we fuck with ya? Tell us some stories Ranger. It's your turn and we're all listening.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

:shock: *opens ears* :shock:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

SAL CONGRATZ ON MAKING IT. WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU.

Note to h8train1/75 and Woobster. Please don't hihack the tread but know this h8train1/75 is correct. We all are second to none. It doesn't matter, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever. 2nd doesn't have a lock on 2nd to none. That terminology was invented long before you were born Woobster. So your claim is distrorted by that Woobster brain of your'n.
Wanger Woobster wrote:we are all brothers here....being new to the board, you are going to have to get used to the fact that Second is best (Second to none), and a lot of Batt bashing (in good fun) goes on around here.....
Again. Glad to have you aboard Sal.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Congradulations Ranger! Welcome to the club. 8)
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Congratulations Ranger.Im not sure what the hell these 1st Batt guys are speaking about. Beach Rangers??? I was in 1st Batt and I saw more freakin water than the Navy did and none of it was Salt Water. Swamps, rain, more swamps, a constant case of mersion foot, crotch rot from the swamps....guess I went through before they started issueing Beach Towels, tanning lotion, and Tampax! 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rangerrich
Ranger

Post by rangerrich »

The swamps , chiggers, and sand fleas really sucked at 1st batt but Savannah, St. paddy's day , River Street, and Tybee Island really made it worthwhile.
c 1/75 1st platoon Nov.89-Jun 93
Sal

Post by Sal »

Well, i would definately say that all the tips and stuff helped. When you really get down to it RIP isnt really bad at all. You just have to look out for idiots who fall asleep when the regimental attorney(a Major) is giving you a brief. Honestly though, I was kind of surprised at how many people slipped through. But i think it was just because they wouldnt let people quit, thankfully that stupidity is over with now.
It changes with every class but if I had to give someone any adviceit would be:
1.Run
2.Do the right thing, plain and simple
3.Do what your student leadership says, they are the voice of the cadre
4.Learn all you can before you get there

I guess thats all I can really think of right now

Return to “About RASP”