Looking for 2/75th Ranger Battalion Advisor For Game

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
diezel
Embryo

Looking for 2/75th Ranger Battalion Advisor For Game

Post by diezel »

Hey all
My name is Matt Waldman, I am 18 years old and from Pennsylvania USA. I am posting this because I am part of a Mod Team that is making a video game modification for the Half-Life 2 Source engine based on the operations carried out in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom by the 2nd Battalion 75th Rangers. I am looking for members of this battalion who were in Iraq who wouldn't mind talking to me for a little while, answer some questions, and so forth. The mod itself is called Road to Baghdad, and we would like to this as accurate and true to form as possible, but to do that we need the advice and experiences of soldiers from this battalion who were there and want to help.

Think of this if you will as a video game documentary. We are going for a cinematic feel, where the player feels like they are playing an actual movie but decides how it plays out. We want to fully immerse the player in the best gameplay possible, and to give a true depiction of what it was like over in Iraq. The game is going to start out just being single player, so we con concentrate on the storyline and so forth to the best of our abilities. Obviously, we don't expect play-by-play reports on what you, the soldiers experienced, but just a good outline would make us extremely happy(play-by-plays are welcome though :) ).

If you have any questions at all, about the Mod Team, the mod, our goals for this mod, or would like to loan your knowledge, please don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail and hopefully we could work something out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and take care.

- Matt Waldman - Road to Baghdad development team

http://www.roadtobaghdad.moddb.com/ - Our home webpage.

http://mods.moddb.com/4289/ - Our information site hosted by ModDB.com - The leading modification website for games.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Whatever dude..... :roll:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

What made you select 2/75 as a unit representative of the 'Road to Baghdad' in Operation Iraqi Freedom?

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”