Have a question about Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
1/75 Ranger Mom
Tadpole

Have a question about Ranger School

Post by 1/75 Ranger Mom »

Rangers,

I have been reading and filled my head with lots of information from this site, but was not able to find the answers to my questions. I have two questions I would like to ask.

My son is currently in Ranger School and I got a letter from him, he talked about Graded patrols. He was saying something about "your not getting your grade your buddy does". Could some one explain this to me please.

My other question is On average how many make it through all three phases with out being recycled?

I would also like to tell you that you Rangers are awesome. Thanks for your service to our county and us Americans. And thanks for answering questions from moms like me that just need to know!
"What doesn't kill you will make you stronger"
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Have a question about Ranger School

Post by Silverback »

1/75 Ranger Mom wrote: He was saying something about "your not getting your grade your buddy does".
I think this may be in reference to the fact that your Ranger Buddies can either support you or fuck you. If they fuck you you get a No/Go, if they support you you get a Go
1/75 Ranger Mom wrote:My other question is On average how many make it through all three phases with out being recycled?
As an average since 1950 the rate of passing without recycle is about 45-50%.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Hoover
Ranger

Re: Have a question about Ranger School

Post by Hoover »

1/75 Ranger Mom wrote:Rangers,

I have been reading and filled my head with lots of information from this site, but was not able to find the answers to my questions. I have two questions I would like to ask.

My son is currently in Ranger School and I got a letter from him, he talked about Graded patrols. He was saying something about "your not getting your grade your buddy does". Could some one explain this to me please.

My other question is On average how many make it through all three phases with out being recycled?

I would also like to tell you that you Rangers are awesome. Thanks for your service to our county and us Americans. And thanks for answering questions from moms like me that just need to know!

Students take turns leading graded patrols..........some guys will fall asleep on you or just not make a proper effort on your behalf.....the patrol leader has to really keep the reigns tight, and stay very aware of the situation, and keep everyone else up to speed at the same time.

And when someone else is being graded. it's every students job to pull together for the man in the "hotseat". Teamwork is a must!

Often times those who don't pull for the team, goes into high gear "only" when" they" are in a leadership postion, hence the term "spotlight Ranger" or "buddy fucker"......the course is a challenge for sure!

It takes alot of courage to recycle, and yet, I've known a number of outstanding Rangers who had to do just that.......and go on to Graduate!

Best of Luck to Your Son, Mom.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Used to tell my Privates that there is no difference on your shoulder whether you spent sixty-something days or the rest of your enlistment there, as long as you graduate...
1/75 Ranger Mom
Tadpole

Post by 1/75 Ranger Mom »

Rangers Thanks for your answering my questions. I understand now.

You all have been most helpful.
"What doesn't kill you will make you stronger"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”