Over There

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

Ranger Silverback wrote:I thought the second one was better than the first.
Agreed Ranger Silverback. I was unimpressed by the first one but stuck around for the second episode. The third one looks like it will be even better.

I obviously haven't been through combat or been in Iraq so I have no clue about how true to life it holds. I'm willing to bet that no movie or tv program has come close though.
Hawk
Embryo

Post by Hawk »

01Dec2004 My good buddy PFC Joseph Jurewic died in a training accident in a live fire exercise. I don't recall any slow motion or "tell my mother I served well" he just died. I'm not one for bashing those that don't understand the military but when I watched the first episode alone I was a little confused as to who the hell got the idea to throw this thing together. I agree with RANGER Silverback on this one. If people wanna know what it's like, they should go join the fucking Army.

R.I.P Joe
Combat Engineer Battalion (H)
Operation Iraqi Freedom
"Because I dip Copenhagen, so shut the F*ck up and drink it." - Me to a Private asking why he had to drink his bottle of water RIGHT NOW.
madslashers1-2
Ranger

need new tvs

Post by madslashers1-2 »

We tried watching it in the barracks, next morning 1SG wanted to know why there were three broken tvs on his lawn from the thrid story, no seriously its the biggest bunch of shit I've ever seen, especially the I'll shoot you myself line, who the fuck says that!!!!!!! I would like to see more wives fucking the neighbor though.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Top J
Tadpole

Post by Top J »

What pisses me off is the same two Motor T broads that show up just in time for every fire fight. Pure HollyWood Bullshit.
Top J
Active Duty Marine
22 years Airborne Grad.
MOS 2149,2142/41,8153,9962
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I still like watching it :shock:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

That shot by Angel in last night's show was damn nice. The episode wasn't as exciting, but next week's preview showed more action than this episode had altogether.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Kwith wrote:That shot by Angel in last night's show was damn nice. The episode wasn't as exciting, but next week's preview showed more action than this episode had altogether.
Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

There was the part during the first episode, I think, where a vehicle pulls up behind the squad, driver jumps out, fires a round which hits a haj in the chest, desentigrating the guys upper body, while his legs keep going for another 10 of 15 meters. After seeing that, I had a few questions:

1. Where'd the vehicle come from, who was it, and where'd it go afterwards?

2. What kind of fucking round was that - fucking mini nuke?

3. Dude must have had some hellacious forward montemum for his legs to keep running forward after his body had been impacted by a round powerful enough to vaporize his upper torso, don'tcha think?

4. Why the fuck was I watching that drivel..........oh yeah, the violence, that's why.

Then there was the part where the towelhead snuck up on the chick taking a dump.....................laughed my ass off at that.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
RiserBurn
Ranger

Post by RiserBurn »

I think he shot him with the 203.

My big question about the show is the moral dialogue. They were sitting in the bunker talking about shakespeare or some literary work and how it relates to the morality of the situation. Who's joes actually talk like that? The way I remember it some joe would be talking about a fat broad he nailed before deployment, or how he couldn't wait for his shift to be over cause he was going to rub one out to a picture of someone else's girlfriend. Maybe that was just my joes...
1-503 INF (AASLT)
2-504 PIR
2-503 INF (ABN)
RS 11-01
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

RiserBurn wrote: I think he shot him with the 203. .

Hmmm, direct fire with a M203.........yep, happens all the time.

RiserBurn wrote:talking about a fat broad he nailed before deployment, or how he couldn't wait for his shift to be over cause he was going to rub one out to a picture of someone else's girlfriend. Maybe that was just my joes...

Hell, I was still doing that as an E8!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I refuse to watch that fucking drivel. I have only seen the comercials for it and it seems to me that it is a very weak attempt. Hollywood can't even get hisotry right .....or they only tell half the story. The half that they want to tell.

That ,coupled with the fact, that in the back of my mind, I am always thinking about the actors that have no fucking clue, and are getting paid huge to make belive what my soldiers and comrades do for a living every day.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Yesterday, one of the customer service ladies called my office and asked if I could come up front for a minute. I thought, 'What did that dumb bitch break now?". I get up there and she says she was watching Over There, last night and it showed a long tent with toilets lining the sides and everyone was sitting next to each other taking a dump. She wanted to know if it was really like that. I said, "I don't know for sure. When I was in Saudie Arabia, everyone lived on a big ass compound full of houses/villas. Tent City/Al Karjh(sp?) wasn't even like that. My friend in Taji has sent a few pics and they seem to be living in small trailers. He says the chow is very good."

The thing about the latrines in a big tent sounded a bit like Basic Training to me.

For the BTDT's, is that real, or BS? I've never been to Iraq, so I couldn't answer the question; but, I never saw anything like that where I had been.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

I find it amusing that the newspapers that are endorsing the show are some of the most liberal in America.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

most realistic part of that show is the wife banging some other dude not 2 weeks after her husband left for Iraq.....I've heard waaaaay too many stories about that kind of BS.
D co. 2/327
No Slack
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Iraq -

#1. It's really fuckin' boring most of the time.

#2. The rules of engagement are chickenshit.

#3. I used the mortar attacks on my last trip as my 0730 alarm clock for a month.

#4. It's really fuckin' hot. I mean like on the sun kind of hot!

#5. I make lots of money in Iraq and can quit anytime so I am not a good source of "whats it like"? Go ask Joe. Not me a PMC.

#6. The food is good.

#7. There are no "Shit Tents" - Not to my knowledge.

#8. Haji does at times just "pop right out at you".

#9. If there is a fuck up in the outfit, he generally gets fired or quits.

#10. Haji is pretty scared of PMC's - so I have told on more than one occasion by intrepretors and other hajis. Don't know why ?? :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

#11. Hollywood can kiss my ass - especially the part of it that makes money off of bullshit. that is why I generally guard CEOs and Diplomats but not celebrities - Not for any amount of money. They have the tendency to be shitheads especially the puppeteers that control them!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”