Officer In The Rangers

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
madslashers1-2
Ranger

prior enlisted

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Prior enlisted is one thing, but a prior enlisted bat boy can make him or fuck everything up, our new pl is prior 1/75 and seems pretty squared away, he scores instant rapport with the men.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
madslashers1-2
Ranger

one more thing

Post by madslashers1-2 »

To be a PL running the c2 on an objective is one thing, but blowing the door and leading your team in is what I think we all hope for, plus you don't have to be politically correct
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Kwith
Tadpole

Post by Kwith »

I'm not in a position to offer you advice, but to lend you my two cents: You might regret not getting your option 40 - I think about it all the time - but you might also regret not going to college and becomming a great officer. The scholarship is the only way I could afford college too. Give more than 100% at everything you do and it should turn out just like you plan. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve it or you haven't earned it. My plan is starting to come together now and it's a great feeling.

ROTC Cadets do take some shit for being dumbasses, and we are, in the sense that we are unexperienced, but it's not a bad program. You get to do some cool shit. I just got back from a cadet orientation yesterday. Was rappelling with three guys that had their Ranger tabs. They were great men and funny as hell too. And our instructor is a Lt. Colonel who knows a whole lot. There is a wealth of information available to you, and it's one of those things where you get out of it what you put into it.

-Keith

Return to “Recruitment Process”