Introducation-Nick

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bfd2100red

Introducation-Nick

Post by bfd2100red »

1 hour ago, after much fighting, I mangaed to get 96B-Airborne-82nd. Hopefully the 82nd never happens and I get chosen to attend RIP while at jump school. I'm a 4th year Criminal Justice Major with asperations to be in a Ranger Batallion and eventually work in Federal Law Enforcement.
SAWgunner4fun
Ranger

Post by SAWgunner4fun »

No opt 40? Your fucked! :twisted:

What the fuck is 96B?
A-co 1/75 Oct 2002-Jul 2005
C-co 1/75 Jul 2005-Feb 2006
HHC 1/75 Feb 2006-Present
Ranger School Class 11-04

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall

-The Doors
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Welcome

PM inbound.

If you wanted to go to RIP, why didn't you secure an Opt 40?

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Re: Introducation-Nick

Post by SkyShark »

bfd2100red wrote:1 hour ago, after much fighting, I mangaed to get 96B-Airborne-82nd. Hopefully the 82nd never happens and I get chosen to attend RIP while at jump school. I'm a 4th year Criminal Justice Major with asperations to be in a Ranger Batallion and eventually work in Federal Law Enforcement.
1. You say that like the 82nd is a bad thing. Fuck Off!! :evil:

2. You didn't fight hard enough.
It's all good.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SAWgunner4fun wrote:What the fuck is 96B?
96B = Intel Analyst

Click here for a listing of Army Jobs
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Ranger SAWgunner4fun,
He was distracted by the glam :roll: urous life in the MI world. He has a contract as an Intel Analyst.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Silverback wrote:
96B = Intel Analyst

Click here for a listing of Army Jobs
Holy fucking pop ups on that link batman. :lol:
It's all good.
SAWgunner4fun
Ranger

Post by SAWgunner4fun »

Silverback wrote:
96B = Intel Analyst
You really fucked yourself buddy. We have Intel Analysts in Regiment. You could have had your MOS and gone to RIP. I guess you should have fought for 2 hours huh?

-The Doors
bfd2100red

Post by bfd2100red »

I was told Intelligence and Airborne is one of the hardest contracts to get because there is such a demand by active soliders re-enlisting for a more marketable experience. "Didn't fight it enough?" All I can say, is that you should have been there. An hour of bithching with the career counsler who told me to get off his floor because I was wasting his time on a contract that had a 0% of happening. After that, my recruiter got into an argument with the career counsler for trying to scare me off, a sergant major got involved, and inthe mean time a different career counsler called in a specail favor to a connection of his and I got a Airborne slot. Kicker is that i'm in DEP until next summer (College) and that is too far off to predict the needs of the Army, hence hard to get a contract this far in advance (so I was told). 82nd airborne is an unbelievable division that anyone should be proud to serve in, for me it will always be my second choice to the 75th.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

bfd2100red wrote:I was told Intelligence and Airborne is one of the hardest contracts to get because there is such a demand by active soliders re-enlisting for a more marketable experience. "Didn't fight it enough?" All I can say, is that you should have been there. An hour of bithching with the career counsler who told me to get off his floor because I was wasting his time on a contract that had a 0% of happening. After that, my recruiter got into an argument with the career counsler for trying to scare me off, a sergant major got involved, and inthe mean time a different career counsler called in a specail favor to a connection of his and I got a Airborne slot. Kicker is that i'm in DEP until next summer (College) and that is too far off to predict the needs of the Army, hence hard to get a contract this far in advance (so I was told). 82nd airborne is an unbelievable division that anyone should be proud to serve in, for me it will always be my second choice to the 75th.
Second choice is fine. However, whe the couselor told you to walk you should have done exactly that, walked. Almost every swinging dick that got an opt 40 contract was getting te run around. Why? The cousxelours are there to fill the jobs to fitthe needs of the ARMY!! However you tell them what you want and stick to your guns and you will get the contract. If they stick to thier guns and tell you a slot is not open, you tell them FINE, Call me when there is. As you said you have a year before you leave. That is a year they could have found you a slot. So yes, I stick to my original statement. You didn't fight hard enough. Good luck with that intel though. That job as well every job is important in any unit.
It's all good.
SAWgunner4fun
Ranger

Post by SAWgunner4fun »

bfd2100red wrote: Kicker is that i'm in DEP until next summer (College) and that is too far off to predict the needs of the Army, hence hard to get a contract this far in advance (so I was told).
Then why the fuck did you sign the papers? Why not just tell then that you'll be back for an opt.40 in a month or two? I thought college was supposed to make you smart.

-The Doors
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

uuummmmnn....Welcome :D Thanks for signing up!

I hope you get what you want some how.

Why did you sign up there before signing up here?
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

BULLSHIT.

If you wanted the Option 40 you have gone the extra mile to get it. I had cancer and still have my Option 40. So all that bullshit about calling in a special favor and arguing at MEPS in front of other applicants is horse shit.

You didn't get an Option 40 because your scared. It's obvious. It will be easier for you to blame it on the counselors. You don't want to tell that teenage fuckqueen girlfriend of yours that you opted out of going to RIP because you were a pussy.

Stop trying to sell bullshit and man the fuck up.

If you wanted it so bad you wouldn't have stopped until you had it.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:BULLSHIT.

If you wanted the Option 40 you have gone the extra mile to get it. I had cancer and still have my Option 40. So all that bullshit about calling in a special favor and arguing at MEPS in front of other applicants is horse shit.

You didn't get an Option 40 because your scared. It's obvious. It will be easier for you to blame it on the counselors. You don't want to tell that teenage fuckqueen girlfriend of yours that you opted out of going to RIP because you were a pussy.

Stop trying to sell bullshit and man the fuck up.

If you wanted it so bad you wouldn't have stopped until you had it.
And that is that!!
It's all good.

Return to “Introduction Archive”