Yugoslavian SKS

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Try Hoppes#9 on your windows it doesn't leave a smudge :D I called Hoppes at 800-962-5757 and the guy on the phone said that it has been in use for around 100 years and would neutralize the corrosive residue. He is suppose to send me an e-mail. We will see. Mark, do you know for 100% certain that plain old bore sovent will not neutralize the corrosive residues ? Will you put money on it :?:

here is the e-mail from Hoppes:

This solvent was created to clean fouling, powder and corrosives out of
firearms. Our customers have also let us know that they have had great success with using the solvent to clean the corrosive materials off of shells.

Please include this email with all responses.

Travis Kroeger
Michaels of Oregon
Technical Sales Support

Not exactly the confirmation that I was looking for. it depends on how you interpet the reply
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Mark Turkali
Embryo

Post by Mark Turkali »

Ranger Flesh Thorn, I honestly don't know, as I said I don't use solvents, just CLP and windex. I haven't used solvent in like 5 years since I discovered CLP. If Hoppes says it does I'll believe it, but I'll still buy windex, it's cheaper and CLP acts as a solvent for loosening up lead and carbon.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Mark , We can continue our discussion of to Windex or not via PMs.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Mark Turkali
Embryo

Post by Mark Turkali »

Roger.

Return to “Weapons of War”