update on the SRT4

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

update on the SRT4

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well as most of you know I jacked up the PT test at RIP, so I ended up at the 82nd. Well since then I have gotten my EIB, and have completed my Ranger packet for Ranger school and go to PRC(pre-Ranger) in roughley a month. Once I return from RS (with a Tab) I plan to either fill out a 4187 to RIP or go to scouts and persue RIP there. Just thought some of you guys might wanna know how I am doing.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Not giving up is good news. Congratz on the EIB. Good hearing from you Blacksrt4. Drive on towards your objective.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

If you go to Division LRS you should STFU and get HALO school and the LRS Course under your belt before you even mention a 4187.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Listen to Spartan, exploit success where you are, those schools are easier to get in LRS than just about anywhere in the Army.
Take a couple years, you'll have more to offer the Ranger Regiment.
You'll be seeing some of your RIP buddies soon anyway :D
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

You'll be seeing some of your RIP buddies soon anyway
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Way to drive on and make the best of your situation.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Bell

Re: update on the SRT4

Post by Bell »

Blacksrt4 wrote:Well as most of you know I jacked up the PT test at RIP, so I ended up at the 82nd. Well since then I have gotten my EIB, and have completed my Ranger packet for Ranger school and go to PRC(pre-Ranger) in roughley a month. Once I return from RS (with a Tab) I plan to either fill out a 4187 to RIP or go to scouts and persue RIP there. Just thought some of you guys might wanna know how I am doing.
I admire every bit of that. Driving on.

I'll bet yer pushups have improved too. :wink:

Getting schools while Ranger is tough. Guys in line ahead of ya, too damn busy, time slots. Do as Ranger Spartan says. Those schools are hard to get from any unit.

Thanks for the SITREP. You're turning out to be one hell of a soldier.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Thanks everyone for the comments. I will be trying out in about 2 weeks for our company scouts, my squad leader was in scouts for a year and a half and had a scout come and talk to me and see if its for me. I said nothing abour RIP, although I obviousley mentioned Ranger school. Thanks Ranger Spartan for the advice I never did think of it that way about getting back to where I really wanna be.

Return to “Letters from School”