1-75th RANGER..

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

1-75th RANGER..

Post by blueskiesalways »

Thanks for the very warm welcome. My son is in the 1-75th Ranger regiment at Hunter AAF, GA. I hope I got that right..it seems to change all the time after each graduation!!!
He's really looking forward to getting his tab...say's you get "treated like dirt" without it..!!! ( graduation Dec 17th, 2004,)
Could any of you clear up a question for me?....Are you not actually a Ranger untill you graduate Ranger school?..while he was deployed with his Ranger regiment, I considered him a Ranger, a friend said he was not a Ranger untill after Ranger school????
Sorry to be so ignorant, I haven't had chance to ask my son these dumb questions..I seem to keep misplacing him (Deployment, Ranger school, etc..)
Thanks..
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

He is a Ranger, tab or no tab. Just having a Ranger tab does not make you a Ranger. Serving in the Ranger Regiment makes you a Ranger. Having the tab means that you are Ranger Qualified.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

H8 Train wrote:He is a Ranger, tab or no tab. Just having a Ranger tab does not make you a Ranger. Serving in the Ranger Regiment makes you a Ranger. Having the tab means that you are Ranger Qualified.
What he said. That's why I was asking what unit he was in. I've since upgraded your title to "Ranger Mom." :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Noone is ever allowed to say that to you.You are a Ranger Mom.You are now authorized to call a spade a fuckin' shovel no matter who you're talking to. :wink:

There are two types of Rangers.
Qualified and Validated.
The Qualified are envied by the Army.
The Validated are envied by the Qualified.
Your son is Validated.
That's how it is and that's how it should be.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

We welcome you blueskiesalways into our family Ranger Mom. Ask your son (the next chance you get to speak with him), to post an intro to our site, we'd like to welcome him as well.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

The sniper kitty. I love that image! :lol: :lol: Great avatar. Well anyhow, if I haven't welcomed both of you ladies as yet, consider it done. God's speed and safe passage always to your sons.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
UBOAT
Ranger

Post by UBOAT »

H8 Train wrote:He is a Ranger, tab or no tab. Just having a Ranger tab does not make you a Ranger. Serving in the Ranger Regiment makes you a Ranger. Having the tab means that you are Ranger Qualified.
so I guess I'm not RANGER anymore huh!?
SERVED IN A CO 1ST RANGER BATTALION FROM 31MAR92 TO 20SEP01; 75TH PRE RANGER FROM 21SEP01 TO 20APR03. GRADUATED RANGER SCHOOL ON 13MAY94 CLASS 6-94.
4TH RTB 21APR03-30NOV05
82ND DEC05-PRESENT
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Here is some trivia crap for ya mom. your son is in 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, abriviated like this:
1/75 Rgr Regt, or
A Co, 1/75 Rgr Regt if he is A Company,
or even shorter, A/1/75 Rgr Regt.

I just used A Co as an example, I don't care or need to know what Company he's in.

you put 1-75, which has a different connotation. by saying 1-75 it indicates that it is 1st Bn, of the 75th Regt., but there is no Regimental Headquarters. Since the Regiment does have a HQ, it gets abriviated 1/75.

it's a stupid little thing, but details matter, and your son will appriciate you getting it right, even if he would have never corrected you.

and I also threw it out there for all others who were ignorant of it.

EDIT: I should have read the date tag, I'm a dumbass. you too UBOAT :D
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

KW Driver wrote:Here is some trivia crap for ya mom. your son is in 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, abriviated like this:
1/75 Rgr Regt, or
A Co, 1/75 Rgr Regt if he is A Company,
or even shorter, A/1/75 Rgr Regt.

I just used A Co as an example, I don't care or need to know what Company he's in.

you put 1-75, which has a different connotation. by saying 1-75 it indicates that it is 1st Bn, of the 75th Regt., but there is no Regimental Headquarters. Since the Regiment does have a HQ, it gets abriviated 1/75.

it's a stupid little thing, but details matter, and your son will appriciate you getting it right, even if he would have never corrected you.

and I also threw it out there for all others who were ignorant of it.

EDIT: I should have read the date tag, I'm a dumbass. you too UBOAT :D
Rangers,
Since that post I have gathered/learned a VAST amount of information from this site.
Guess it just goes to show why the search button is your friend, and why you should use it before you ask/post dumb information. :oops:
I haven't edited the post, your correction may save others from making the same mistakes.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
UBOAT
Ranger

Post by UBOAT »

DOES IT REALLY MATTER HOW FUCKING LONG AGO THE POST WAS...IS THERE A DUMBASS RANGER RULE THAT YOU HAVE TO POST A REPLY TO SOMETHING WITH IN 2 DAYS OR SOME SHIT....IS THERE A RULE THAT YOU CANT POST A REPLY TO A FORUM THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD...FUCK OFF!!
SERVED IN A CO 1ST RANGER BATTALION FROM 31MAR92 TO 20SEP01; 75TH PRE RANGER FROM 21SEP01 TO 20APR03. GRADUATED RANGER SCHOOL ON 13MAY94 CLASS 6-94.
4TH RTB 21APR03-30NOV05
82ND DEC05-PRESENT
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

UBOAT wrote:DOES IT REALLY MATTER HOW FUCKING LONG AGO THE POST WAS...IS THERE A DUMBASS RANGER RULE THAT YOU HAVE TO POST A REPLY TO SOMETHING WITH IN 2 DAYS OR SOME SHIT....IS THERE A RULE THAT YOU CANT POST A REPLY TO A FORUM THAT IS OVER A YEAR OLD...FUCK OFF!!
JESUS CHRIST, JIMMY! The whole thread was just a mom asking for clarification!

There was a kid from your company (A Co) SOR'd after some RI said, you guys in Regiment aren't Rangers until you get your tab; after which he replied, I guess Matt Commons isn't a Ranger.

Was he being a smartass? Fuck yeah! (sounds like something you would say, bro) However, the Lady's question was her son a Ranger without having a Tab. You know as well as I do, the answer is YES.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

hey guys, guys, I found a sense of humor. anyone lost one? anyone? anyone... Buller?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Uboat.....are you in dire need of a chill pill?
UBOAT
Ranger

Post by UBOAT »

I am making a NEW RULE in the this website:

You are a RANGER IF:

you served in the ALMIGHTY 75th RANGER REGIMENT.

you graduated RANGER SCHOOL!

GOT IT!?
4TH RTB 21APR03-30NOV05
82ND DEC05-PRESENT

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”