Ranger Medic Combat Question

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Christerray
Egg

Ranger Medic Combat Question

Post by Christerray »

My goal in the Army is to become a 91W in the Rangers (Special Operations Medic). If I succeed all my training, go through BCT and AIT and BAT, and, finally, RIP, will I be trained in combat, even though I am 91W? I dont' want to sit at base and wait for sick soldiers. Some recruiters have told me that 91W's in the Rangers actually involve themselves in combat, and are in a sense Infantrymen with medic bags. Is this true?

(I used the search function, but did not find the answer I was looking for. I could be missing something, I'll admit my apologies if this has already been brough up previously)
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Ranger Medic Combat Question

Post by Earthpig »

Christerray wrote:My goal in the Army is to become a 91W in the Rangers (Special Operations Medic). If I succeed all my training, go through BCT and AIT and BAT, and, finally, RIP, will I be trained in combat, even though I am 91W? I dont' want to sit at base and wait for sick soldiers. Some recruiters have told me that 91W's in the Rangers actually involve themselves in combat, and are in a sense Infantrymen with medic bags. Is this true?

(I used the search function, but did not find the answer I was looking for. I could be missing something, I'll admit my apologies if this has already been brough up previously)
You'll be humping more weight than the average line doggie, you'll NEVER be able to rest or snivvle (Because everyone who is doing those two things will need the Medic), and you'll be right there in the thick of things. You'll be a high speed grunt with bandaids (if you make it).
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You didn't use the fucking search button. :roll:
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
muddy
Embryo

Post by muddy »

PM inbound.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

You'll be humping more weight than the average line doggie, you'll NEVER be able to rest or snivvle (Because everyone who is doing those two things will need the Medic), and you'll be right there in the thick of things. You'll be a high speed grunt with bandaids (if you make it).
Ranger EarthPig,

Don't forget the Motrin!
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry

Return to “Medical Issues”