RIP 89

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
rangercamaro
Ranger

RIP 89

Post by rangercamaro »

Anyone else have nightmares about SSG Bohannon at Rip? First two weeks at BN i would wake up sweatin just rememberin' that shit!
That Hooah would drop our ass for flutter kicks with a half worn chew in. Then would continue until he wore that chew out and then replaced it with another. Then it was on until the new one was wore out. :shock:

Motivating MF'er.

I swear my legs are still recovering from that 3 weeks!!!

Oh shit, i almost forgot about our morning formation when a truck came flying out of the Darby Queen area and SSG Bohannon was in the back with a fuckin compound bow while the driver was trying to run over a fuckin deer!! That was three of the hardest weeks, but also the funnest, i have ever had to complete. Wish i could go back in time!!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
rangerrich
Ranger

Post by rangerrich »

I remember well, that Ranger could do flutter kicks ALL DAY LONG. If I remember correctly he also ran like a gazzelle. I thought I read somewhere he partticipated in Best Ranger around that time frame....?
c 1/75 1st platoon Nov.89-Jun 93
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

THAT DUDE SO SMOKED ME FOR SHOWING HIM UP ONE DAY! HOLY MOTHER FUCKER! i HATED TO HEAR IT WHEN HE DIED.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RRDTm3 wrote:THAT DUDE SO SMOKED ME FOR SHOWING HIM UP ONE DAY! HOLY MOTHER FUCKER! i HATED TO HEAR IT WHEN HE DIED.
I'm trying to remember if it's the same guy I am thinking off......

I heard he committed suicide, but I ended up chatting with him after that, and he said it was just a crazy rumor going around.....same guy?
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

he was murdered in panama
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

RRDTm3 wrote:he was murdered in panama
Damned. Did he travel there in a non US Military capacity or had a break while training over there?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RRDTm3 wrote:he was murdered in panama
My fault, wrong guy....I think.

I heard he committed suicide in Panama.....

Bubba, can ya respond to my PM?
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

RRDTm3 wrote:THAT DUDE SO SMOKED ME FOR SHOWING HIM UP ONE DAY! HOLY MOTHER FUCKER! i HATED TO HEAR IT WHEN HE DIED.
Damn, I don't envie you!!! a group smoke was bad but when he took time to personally acknowledge ya it was on for hours!!! :shock:

He was my motivation for my arrival at BN. I figured if i could take his smokin' Bn couldn't possibly be much worse. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!
:cry:
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

i hope it was a rumor about his passing. The ranger world would have lost a great asset if it were true. Squared away mo-fo!!!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rangerrich wrote:I remember well, that Ranger could do flutter kicks ALL DAY LONG. If I remember correctly he also ran like a gazzell
That sounds like the same guy. One morning for pt in RIP, we came out, and when we were in formaition, he said he was going to gor for a 4+ minute mile. Which he was referring the the first, of our 5 scheduled that morning. That fucker could run. Back then, I could run pretty good, especially for my size, but I couldn't keep up with that guy. :x

He was a hooah dude.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
CHUCKCOOLEY
Tadpole

BOHANNON

Post by CHUCKCOOLEY »

I HEARD HE WAS SHOT IN PANAMA BUT IT WASNT SUICIDE. HE WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE AND WE WORKED TOGETHER AT RIP. I HEARD HE WENT SF AND MADE IT AND WAS STATIONED THERE AT THE TIME. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS ? HE WAS A GREAT GUY BUT WE WERE ALL PAYED TO BE DICKS BACK THEN. IT SURE WAS FUN.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I remember walking out the back of the RIP building one time and there is SSG Bohannon putting in a chew. I swear he stuck half a bag of chew in, then pulls out the can of dip. Big pinch on the left side, big pinch on the right side, little pinch in the middle!
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”