Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

You should check out the Japanese version:
What's up with this trend ? First the Japanese made "The Ring" then the U.S. version was made....now this movie....

It's not enough that they are building better cars, now they are building better horror movies ? Fuck !
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

I saw "Wrong Turn" this weekend.
I think this is by far one of the worst ficks I have seen. No amount of boose could make it better.

http://www.wrongturnmovie.com/home.html
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Vee
Ranger

Re: The Incredibles

Post by Vee »

Terry Welshan wrote:The Incredibles is a pretty cool family film thats just out. My wife and daughters (13yo and 15yo) were watching it when I bounded down the stairs in a grey sweatsuit with a pair of red speedos on the outside and a pair of tinted goggles on.
The girls froze in a classic "deer in the headlights" pose. My wife made some comment about how I looked pretty hot and both girls started making retching and gagging sounds as they covered their ears and ran from the room going "NA NA NA NA NA NA".
Later last night after lights out and during that "waltons" period of quite in the house, my wife spoke up and said "wow, Mr. Incredible" loud enough for them to hear which brought about another round of screaming and gagging histronics.

You know?

That's a pretty sick picture.

I'm retching and gagging too :?
RSD 96-99
Silverback
Ranger

Re: The Incredibles

Post by Silverback »

Terry Welshan wrote:The Incredibles is a pretty cool family film thats just out. My wife and daughters (13yo and 15yo) were watching it when I bounded down the stairs in a grey sweatsuit with a pair of red speedos on the outside and a pair of tinted goggles on.
The girls froze in a classic "deer in the headlights" pose. My wife made some comment about how I looked pretty hot and both girls started making retching and gagging sounds as they covered their ears and ran from the room going "NA NA NA NA NA NA".
Later last night after lights out and during that "waltons" period of quite in the house, my wife spoke up and said "wow, Mr. Incredible" loud enough for them to hear which brought about another round of screaming and gagging histronics.
That is so awesome...There is not better feeling than embarrasing the children. Your award from the evil-parents association should arrive in a week.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
avidwanderer
USAF Vet/US Army Chopper Pilot

Post by avidwanderer »

I saw a couple movies recently...

White Noise--Scared the shit out of me... could have had a better ending though. Waiting for the DVD to explain more...

Hide and Seek--Robert Deniro is pretty good, but the writers need to knock it off with the typical psycho pschyzo endings... (Secret Window, Angel Heart, now this) They keep copying off of fight club. Only see it if you haven't seen any of the previously mentioned movies.

Butterfly Effect--Well until now I thought the only thing Ashton Kutcher was doing good in hollywood was banging demi, but this movie proves he has some potential as an actor. Well written, really liked it. It kind of reminded me of Donnie Darko.

The Grudge--I agree with Ranger Vee. The Ring scared me worse though.
Nov 2001--March 2006 52 SFS, 49 OSS
as active duty air force security forces
--crossed to army--
March 2006-May 2006 WOCS Class 06-07
May 2006-Nov 2007 B Co. 1/145th
Nov 2007-In a US army CAB
Oct 2008--Oct 2009 Camp Speicher B. 3-10 AVN
Oct 2010--Present JAF Task Force Six Shooters (Calvary)
AIR CAV!!!!
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I just saw the entire first season of "Deadwood" this past weekend. Kinda like "The Sopranos" meets a western. pretty good series. I would suggest it. Al Swearinggen is the man.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Just saw Ring 2. I liked the first one, and this one fit pretty well with the first movie. It is not as scarry, maybe becuase I already know what the deal is with Samara from watching the first movie.

I saw the Jap versions and think that the US versions are better. I guess because Japanese people arn't scarry any more.

Also saw Sponge Bob's movie...Fucking sucks. I like the SB tv shows, but the movie just wasn't the same.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

I thought Constantine was pretty fuckin cool, Peter Stormare plays Satan pretty well.

"Deadwood" is a decent series, I like it more than the Sopranos.....everyone (of age) should try playing the drinking game- every time someone says the word 'cocksucker' you take a shot......... :shock:
D co. 2/327
No Slack
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Isaw the Japanese version of Braveheart.
The little bastards kept tripping over their kilts.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”