Peltor ear protection

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
BRanger91
Ranger

Peltor ear protection

Post by BRanger91 »

Does anyone have a set of these? They are Peltors Sound Trap model.
I'm thinking of picking up a pair since I try to wear ear plugs but we all know the drawbacks. Any opnions?http://us.st3.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/ ... 1_48332402
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Re: Peltor ear protection

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger BRanger91 wrote:Does anyone have a set of these? They are Peltors Sound Trap model.
I'm thinking of picking up a pair since I try to wear ear plugs but we all know the drawbacks. Any opnions?http://us.st3.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/ ... 1_48332402
I use Pro Ears. They are pretty much the best ones out there IMHO. I have the ProMag model, they suck for shooting a rifle with.

You can get some custom electronic ears made that fit in your ear. I'll see if I can dig up a link.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Try looking on this site.

www.tacticalcommand.com

They have 'in-ear' models; and they do custom work to fit your specific needs. Pricey, but quality.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Here's another good site

http://www.lightfighter.com/
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Well I ordered a coupel sets (for me and some of my team mates) through Botach about 2 weeks ago. Waiting for delivery and finally I call and say 'hey what the fuck?'. What do I get...'sorry sir those are on back oder, not sure when wqe will have them in'. Ok, assbag so you were gonna tell me when? Well I cancelled my order through them and Im now doing it through someone else.

Lightfighter has them and I have checked them out. I actually signed up on the Lightfighter.net forum and have been pissing off people since post#1 on there. I was told my info was no good since I had only posted 8 times :shock: didn't relize you needed to have a post-master degree on there to be smart! Bunch of LE and wanna-be tools!
OIF 04-05
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger BRanger91 wrote:Well I ordered a coupel sets (for me and some of my team mates) through Botach about 2 weeks ago. Waiting for delivery and finally I call and say 'hey what the fuck?'. What do I get...'sorry sir those are on back oder, not sure when wqe will have them in'. Ok, assbag so you were gonna tell me when? Well I cancelled my order through them and Im now doing it through someone else.

Lightfighter has them and I have checked them out. I actually signed up on the Lightfighter.net forum and have been pissing off people since post#1 on there. I was told my info was no good since I had only posted 8 times :shock: didn't relize you needed to have a post-master degree on there to be smart! Bunch of LE and wanna-be tools!
Shit, I forgot to tell you Ranger BRanger91 to avoid Botach like you would the plague. They get trashed on all the boards for their shitty customer service.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

I've used Botahc about five times before and this is the first time I have had a bad dealing with them. It doesn't even bother me that they are on back order, what bothers me is how they couldn't even email me to tell me that they were. That would be customer service I can deal with. Not just neglect.

Hey DS, I don't mean offense to LE. Just those assclowns over there think their badge is a halo and the name tape on the uniform says Jesus... walking on water like the mighty one! :roll:
OIF 04-05
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:Our SRT Team uses the Peltor CommTac II Ear Pro. Almost the same except it is a it more streamlined and has a port to hook up your comm set to.

We are currently trying to purchase the boom mike so we can use them to communicate with our pilots while we are sitting on our outboard bench pods on the B3 Aerostar Helos.

Here is the website Peltor CommTac II
ok they will let you sit on the outside of the helo but not shoot off of it

OH LORD TELL WHY CANT I GET A NEW STATION ?????
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:
BRanger91 wrote: Hey DS, I don't mean offense to LE. Just those assclowns over there think their badge is a halo and the name tape on the uniform says Jesus... walking on water like the mighty one! :roll:
I know brother, just busting you balls...
Horned Toad wrote:ok they will let you sit on the outside of the helo but not shoot off of it
Who says you cannot shoot off them? We do.......come out for SRT.... :wink:
So I take it this has come out after the armor plated truck deal? and the two main reasons for not going out for SRT is 1: I am so fucking outa shape and 2: as much as I shit talk ya'll it would be pretty hypocritical to go to tryouts, be about the same as going to borstar, which by the way Benton failed the PT test on hahahahaha
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Horned Toad wrote: So I take it this has come out after the armor plated truck deal? and the two main reasons for not going out for SRT is 1: I am so fucking outa shape and 2: as much as I shit talk ya'll it would be pretty hypocritical to go to tryouts, be about the same as going to borstar, which by the way Benton failed the PT test on hahahahaha
You are beginning to sound like a DEPer who "wants" to be a Ranger but..... :shock: :lol:
until one of those cheesedicks you got over there says "bark like a dog for your MRE", and I kick his ass, eat the MRE and shove the wrapper up his ass :D
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Desert Sloth wrote:
BRanger91 wrote: Hey DS, I don't mean offense to LE. Just those assclowns over there think their badge is a halo and the name tape on the uniform says Jesus... walking on water like the mighty one! :roll:
I know brother, just busting you balls...
Horned Toad wrote:ok they will let you sit on the outside of the helo but not shoot off of it
Who says you cannot shoot off them? We do.......come out for SRT.... :wink:
It's ball...wife insists on maintaing on at all times :shock: Keeps me from getting to froggy :wink:
OIF 04-05

Return to “Personal Gear”