Re-occuring Injury

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
darkwinter
Embryo

Re-occuring Injury

Post by darkwinter »

Towards then end of BCT, I fell and to keep myself from face planting, I threw my left arm out in front of me (I was falling at an angle), and landed. I got up thinking I was fine until I went to move my arm.

I had intense pain, and a severe lack of motion in it. The pain kept me up all nite. When I reported it to my Drill Sergeants, they said nothing, and didnt allow me to seek Medical Attention for it. Later that week we had a PT Test, which I failed in the push-ups category.

I went from doing 40+ correct pushups to struggling to painfully do 27. As this was the final APFT, they told me I failed BCT.

I spent the next few days nursing my arm and trying to get a retake, but to no avail.

Then the day they were gonna send me home, they told me I had another chance. I took it and passed, though barely.

Since I've been back, I've been babying that arm and shoulder, since the pain still resides. I got my full range of motion back, but there sometimes is a "pressure" that builds up, that requires me to pop my shoulder or it hurts... Before the injury I was never able to pop that shoulder.

I was doing push-ups and I had a painfully severe spasm, that required me to do flutter kicks (I was being smoked for being a smart-ass).

Then in my weight training class, it popped and again I lost alot of strength with my arm. I went from just messing around with 120lbs, to struggling to lift it, to not being able to, to struggling w/ less than 80lbs.

I cant do pushups again...

Can someone help me with this... A doctor looked at it when I had a physical but said it was ok earlier this month.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Get the fuck over there and edit your intro.
You get no answers until you do.
Here we go again. :D
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Medical Issues”