Ranger School Diet

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Ranger School Diet

Post by Silverback »

waterwings wrote:What happens to us skinny guys, we dont have any weight to lose! :shock: :x :(
Ummm First you would have to join the Army, Pass Basic Combat Training, Complete Airborne School, get assigned to a unit and then compete for a Ranger school position. By then you won't be worried about it.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
HandJob of the Woods

AF

Post by HandJob of the Woods »

Also in the Air Force there are a certain number of slots for specific AFSC that can go to the ranger school. Of course you need commander signature and need to pass the 12 day air force pre ranger trial before you go to real ranger school. I've just started training to get where i need to be so ill be as ready as i can before i apply in about 18 months. REally wierd how it works. There was a person from my base here at Eglin that went through the program a bit ago. It seems you are air force yet wear the Tab, still tasked to your air force unit but them randomly re-tasked when the ranger unit needs you.
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Ranger School Diet

Post by Bugsy »

waterwings wrote:What happens to us skinny guys, we dont have any weight to lose! :shock:
WHAT FOOD?, THERE IS NO FOOD IN RANGER SCHOOL!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
VAK
USAF Veteran

Re: AF

Post by VAK »

HandJob of the Woods wrote:Also in the Air Force there are a certain number of slots for specific AFSC that can go to the ranger school. Of course you need commander signature and need to pass the 12 day air force pre ranger trial before you go to real ranger school. I've just started training to get where i need to be so ill be as ready as i can before i apply in about 18 months. REally wierd how it works. There was a person from my base here at Eglin that went through the program a bit ago. It seems you are air force yet wear the Tab, still tasked to your air force unit but them randomly re-tasked when the ranger unit needs you.
Were you trying to set a posting record? Were you seeing if your fingers could go numb? Are you a total fucking retard? Well, let me tell you what... If I see that you are continuing your posting of this type of shit, knowing no more than you know, speaking out of your ass... It will indeed be my distinct pleasure to roll shadow of what once was your space here. Hitting only the pothole that was you... Sloshing out the mud that was your shortlived existance among us. For here, we don't like loudmouths, braggarts, retards, fags, fucktards, hippies, shitheads, fuckmaggots, braindead hippy biatches, fence straddlers or you. Now just keep that in mind before you next post some drivel that no one wants to read anyway.

Be Well Pig Ball Breath,
TACP
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
panzer275
Ranger

Post by panzer275 »

The skinny guys get to smell the ammonia first. The smell takes longer on fat guys because they have fat to burn. The skinny guys smell it in the first week or so. You'll start to smell ammonia, do not worry its just your body eating you're muscle. Its really unhealthy and will make you smell like piss where ever you go. Good Luck :D :D :D :D :D
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever
avidwanderer
USAF Vet/US Army Chopper Pilot

Re: AF

Post by avidwanderer »

HandJob of the Woods wrote:Also in the Air Force there are a certain number of slots for specific AFSC that can go to the ranger school. Of course you need commander signature and need to pass the 12 day air force pre ranger trial before you go to real ranger school. I've just started training to get where i need to be so ill be as ready as i can before i apply in about 18 months. REally wierd how it works. There was a person from my base here at Eglin that went through the program a bit ago. It seems you are air force yet wear the Tab, still tasked to your air force unit but them randomly re-tasked when the ranger unit needs you.
:oops: This guy is just pretending to be in the air force... please tell me he is not a cop.

This information is false. No Air Force Rangers are "randomly re-tasked" when the ranger unit needs you. I know an Air Force Ranger that was an instructor at Ranger School, but thats it.
Nov 2001--March 2006 52 SFS, 49 OSS
as active duty air force security forces
--crossed to army--
March 2006-May 2006 WOCS Class 06-07
May 2006-Nov 2007 B Co. 1/145th
Nov 2007-In a US army CAB
Oct 2008--Oct 2009 Camp Speicher B. 3-10 AVN
Oct 2010--Present JAF Task Force Six Shooters (Calvary)
AIR CAV!!!!
avidwanderer
USAF Vet/US Army Chopper Pilot

Post by avidwanderer »

Now where are my donuts...
Nov 2001--March 2006 52 SFS, 49 OSS
as active duty air force security forces
--crossed to army--
March 2006-May 2006 WOCS Class 06-07
May 2006-Nov 2007 B Co. 1/145th
Nov 2007-In a US army CAB
Oct 2008--Oct 2009 Camp Speicher B. 3-10 AVN
Oct 2010--Present JAF Task Force Six Shooters (Calvary)
AIR CAV!!!!
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

panzer275 wrote:The skinny guys get to smell the ammonia first. The smell takes longer on fat guys because they have fat to burn. The skinny guys smell it in the first week or so. You'll start to smell ammonia, do not worry its just your body eating you're muscle. Its really unhealthy and will make you smell like piss where ever you go. Good Luck :D :D :D :D :D
I personnaly love that smell. I was wondering when it was going to come as a cologne. Ode de Drunken Bumb Sleeping in Own Piss is too long a name I guess. Oh well, I can still dream.........
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”