Push to Boost Soldiers' Death Benefits

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

mipuke
Tadpole

Push to Boost Soldiers' Death Benefits

Post by mipuke »

WASHINGTON — So far, 1,511 members of the U.S. military have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. The government currently pays a death benefit of $12,000.

That's double what was paid a year ago, but a bipartisan push in Congress is seeking to increase death benefits to $100,000. Several states are also moving to increase death benefits for their National Guard and Reserve forces.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144213,00.html
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

'Bout damn time. Seems we can always pad some snot nosed pukes' wallet everytime someone cries. 100 mil won't replace one of our own. Let's start taking care of our own. Insist on it. Let 'em know (your Congressman and Senators) there'll be hell to pay if they don't. Oh, and remind 'em they're a day late and a dollar short.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Here's an update!!!

We've met some significant resistance in getting this going. Though it has passed the Senate even getting it to the floor was somewhat difficult. Now, we face our most extreme battle. Remember the struggle we've faced in getting this to here.... Now we have the bigger of problems, we've got the Bill introduced that we want but not enough Co-Sponsor's to keep it on the floor for a floor vote AND WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO KEEP THIS ON THE FLOOR AND OUT OF COMMITTEE!!! So, I would ask that you call your Congressman in your District and voice your concern. If your not sure who your Congressman is... let me know and I will tell you. I will also let you know who in that Office to speak to.

Be Safe,
tacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “Post Service Issues”