Ok listen up...

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
SgtSommer
Embryo

Ok listen up...

Post by SgtSommer »

I have seen several posts on this site, and hundreds on the internet created by little sixteen, seventeen year old guys, wanting to be Army Rangers asking about "Will I make it if I do this", "how prepared do you need to be" and other totally stupid things like "will I get yelled at for: insert stupidity here."

Well I am not a Ranger, I am a Canadian, and as such I will give my answers based on my experience in military situations and not from my experience in the 75th, as there is none.

How ready? Can you do the minimum? Yes? Good. No? Get to the required minimums. Will you quit? No? Good, then you will build on the minimums you have and you will excell. You will quit? Then don't sign the contract.

Too many people are looking for us to tell them that they will make it. We don't know. Professional athletes like boxers have failed Marine Corps Boot camp, how can I say if some eighteen year old kid will make it through Ranger School, let alone RIP? It is all about desire. Wanting something so bad you will achieve it or die trying.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

So in conclusion... ask us how to train, ask us how we train, but don't ask us, as in me or my Ranger allies if you will make it, cause if you have to ask, you won't.
Last edited by SgtSommer on March 25th, 2003, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before you run, learn to walk.
tom72

Post by tom72 »

Very good advice, Sgt. Sommer. I am a recruit and I've never asked will I make it, which I agree is an idiotic question. I do however read as much as I can about how Rangers train and what I will be going to go through. I believe one really has to want it with all his heart to get it and I agree 100%, Death before dishonor. Thanks I guess there really isn't a point to my post I felt I had to reply.

Thank you,
Tom

Return to “About RASP”