DEPpers - Sound off *As IF* you've got a pair~!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Neves - Im STILL doing pushups (my chest muscles are starting to shake BAD) :shock:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

IRS- If it's your chest that's shaking, then you're NOT doing pushups. Muscle-failure with pushups starts with ARMS shaking. :x

Don't B.S. Ranger Neves....that's an integrity violation and grounds for RFS. :evil:
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Saltbitch - When I said "chest muscles", I meant starting at the upper parts of my Arms going into the chest........ I don't think its possible for your actual chest/boobs to start shaking?!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

No only can he sing, he can dance too. :roll:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

After your last push up when your muscles fail, push yourself as far off the ground as you can (it's usually 1-3 inches) and hold it for as long as you can. Now you'll see some chest muscles shaking.
Geez, really? Well, seeing as I've never done one fucking push-up in my life, thank's for informing me about muscle failure.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

The Holmchicken
Do they still smoke the piss out of you on your first night there or has it gotten softer and gentler? How about when you come back from CIF with all your shit? Making you tie up your TA-50 with your feet elevated off the top bunk? I'm curious. I've heard alot of that has now been branded "hazing and harrassment" and now it's just hugs and high fives. Please, tell me they still smoke fuckers till they puke.
I didn't really experience anything along those lines. I have been smoked up pretty good before, but that's only because I was pulling some pranks on some junior NCO's =D. It was good times for everyone. If I can get them to give me the picture they took, I'll gladly post it for all to see.

I wouldn't really call it hugs and high fives, I sure haven't gotten anything near that. I must say, I was expecting worse... Like, getting thrown out of a 2nd floor window in my sleeping bag or something... But, I dunno. It could still happen.

Keal
Other than life as a cherry Ranger in battalion, can you give me a heads up what it's like to be a 13F in batt?
You can expect to forget everything they teach you in AIT except for your basic Call for Fire, Six Elements of Call for Fire, and your 15 subs. They may teach you little things in AIT that might be useful in battalion, but it's highly doubtfull. Still pay attention to the instructors. You never know when they may be saying something relitive to your situation. When I was there, there wasn't anyone who had been in battalion, but they knew what we were in for in some ways.

And there isn't much other than that that I can say to give you a heads up. You still need to make it here first and even if I did tell you stuff know, it wouldn't make much sense and wouldn't really help you much anyways. Just do well in class, know your six elements of a CFF, how to CFF, and your 15 subs and your first week or two of battalion will be pretty easy. Unless they want to fuck with you, and they will =D

Message me if you want to get those few things memorized before you go.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
The Holmchicken
Ranger

I have been smoked up pretty good before, but that's only because I was pulling some pranks on some junior NCO's =D
Huh? "Pulling pranks"? What...the...fuck? Man, it has changed. I was terrified of anything with a tab, even more so if it had stripes. There was definitely no prank pulling. But then again, I didn't have to face the fact that a combat deployment was written in stone. We prayed for a war, got pissed when we never launched for Bosnia (former Yugoslavia) in 1998 and envied and respected everyone with a combat scroll. Now I imagine it's pretty common to go and get your shit and sling lead with the ragheads. Well, good luck to you, listen to what you're being taught. I'm sure you'll find out sooner than I will that it'll save your ass paying attention.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

The Holmchicken
Huh? "Pulling pranks"? What...the...fuck? Man, it has changed. I was terrified of anything with a tab, even more so if it had stripes. There was definitely no prank pulling. But then again, I didn't have to face the fact that a combat deployment was written in stone. We prayed for a war, got pissed when we never launched for Bosnia (former Yugoslavia) in 1998 and envied and respected everyone with a combat scroll. Now I imagine it's pretty common to go and get your shit and sling lead with the ragheads. Well, good luck to you, listen to what you're being taught. I'm sure you'll find out sooner than I will that it'll save your ass paying attention.
Don't get me wrong, the intimidation is still there by all means. I was put up to all the pranks that I have done, none of it was by my own free will. Nor would I even even dream of doing such things that they have told me to do. It's just not right.

Pretty common is an understatement, I'd dare to say that 80%+ has a combat scroll. Quite of few of the Rangers here are tabbed as well. Being the squads/PLTs are so small, I'm sure it's just the normal number. But without the proper numbers in PLTs, it makes it seem like more.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
The Holmchicken
Ranger

I imagine a war time Ranger Batt must be a sight to behold. Like I said good luck. And if they tell you to go find a Prick-E5, you're being set up. Big time. Old radios were called PRC or pricks. Eh, long story. Still, I would love to have a combat scroll. For the rest of your life, you'll know and anyone who know's the Army will know: You are a battle tested U.S. Army Ranger.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

RangerFO said:
Do they still do TAB Checks at the Chow Hall Line??? For example, If you were Tabbed and at the end of the line, you would just yell out TAB Check and if you were TABBLESS, you laid on the ground and they walked over the top of you... Great Motivator for School.
Haha, I think they stopped doing that, I've never witnessed it occure. But I sure wish I could.

The only tab checks that have happened while I've been here have been during morning PT formation and while running. Somone yells out Tab Check and everyone who doesn't have one drops and knocks 'em out.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “The Mosh Pit”