Another DEP

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

JSanta
Embryo

Another DEP

Post by JSanta »

Hi, my name is Jim and I enlisted in July. I finally got an Airborne Ranger contract and see it fit to come and be a wannabe at this board. I've already learned a lot from the people at this site and I hope, that if all goes well, I will get the opportunity to call myself a Ranger.
Bell

Post by Bell »

You don't ever get the opportunity to call yourself a Ranger. You take it. You go for it like yer starving and it's the last piece a meat in the house.

You make your opportunities on the path you've chosen. Pay attention, be the best you can be, never slack, always help yer bros, be a leader. Learn now how to get yer mindset right. Always go forward. Step out. Never ask, it allows them to say no, go for it. You might get smoked but anything else is less than what it takes to be a Ranger.

aaahhh, what's the use? You'll learn. Try to implement the above. It's a mindset. Practice now, you'll learn that your mind will catch on and you seem to be a half step ahead of the herd.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Santa-
Welcome to the board.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

JSanta, when do you ship? I ship feb. 10.... welcome to the board from another DEP :lol:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome to the board.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
JSanta
Embryo

Post by JSanta »

Hey ImportsRsloths, I don't ship until next June because I've my senior year of high school to finish up. But I can't wait to go.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Welcome to the boards JSanta, Im also shipping in June, whats your actual date if you dont mind me asking?
JSanta
Embryo

Post by JSanta »

Alden, my ship date is June 30 as of right now. But you know as well as I do that things could change.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Looks like we have ourselves a regular DEP love connection. Knock it off homos.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Alden

Post by Alden »

It looks like we are going to be in basic together unless you get your date changed, im shipping the 30th as well.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Maybe they can get the same bunk!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Sounds like a good O'Darkthirty flashbang target!

-----------------
Hey JSanta, I have a question for you. You say you enlisted in July and "finally got an Airborne Ranger contract".

Are you saying you enlisted without Airborne Ranger (Airborne School and Option 40) on your contract in July, and that by working with your recruiter, were able to finally secure this only recently and get your contract rewritten or amended? OR, are you saying that you got it all in July and just decided to join the forum this month?

Why don't you enlighten us on what your recruitment process was like?

Thanks.
JSanta
Embryo

Post by JSanta »

Ranger Neves, here's the info I have:
I had a 11x contract when I enlisted and the station commander put a reno in for me. As soon as the slot opened up, we went to MEPS and I received the the options that I wanted. The reno kept getting pushed back and in hindsite, I wish that I would have held out for a few more days. But I didn't have the resources that I have now.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”