WAR??

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

DocHoliday

WAR??

Post by DocHoliday »

Ok I know as soldiers we have to obey every order speacialy one that comes from the President, But how many of you gannabe hooahs/current hooahs think going to war with Iraq is a good thing?

My thoughts: I think we should take out that desert monkey Saddam before he decides to drop a bio-bomb on us.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Saddam is a lying sack of shit. It's about time we go in and finish what we started. I just hope they wait for me.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

As for the war with Iraq, Im for it all the way.
1. We still have someone over there. Scott Speicher is still MIA, regardless of whether or not they change it to POW status. HE'S STILL MISSING from Operation Desert Storm. If it was YOU in Baghdad, you'd sure as hell want us to come get ya.

2. This "blood for oil" nonsense is liberal propaganda. There's no facts to back it up. In fact, since ODS, we haven't been relying on Iraq much for oil. I dare you...DARE YOU...to SHOW me how we're just "bombing Iraq for oil."

3. Would you feel comfortable taking a vacation and hanging out in Iraq? Of course you wouldn't...there's a REASON for that. It's a dangerous place run by a disgustingly brutal murderer. He uses chemical and biological weapons on his own people! I don't care what anyone says about Bush...I don't have to worry about our President hitting my neighborhood with NBC weapons. And the beauty of this is...you don't have to worry about him doing it, either. You forget how easy it is to bite the hand that feeds you.

4. He's invaded neighboring countries twice in the last 15 years (Iran and Kuwait); he's attacked four of his neighbors in the same timeframe (Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Israel). If you can't play nice, then you have to leave the playground. House rules.

5. He has recently increased the amount of money he pays to the families of suicide bombers. (Bet ya didn't know he paid their families, did you?) We in the Department of Defense like to call that "sponsoring terrorism." How would you like to learn that your family was taken out by some nut with C4 strapped to himself? Would it comfort you to know that Saddam Hussein paid their families "for the glory of Allah"?

6. Go to Kuwait sometime. Talk to the survivors of the Iraqi invasion; talk to the victims' families. Do you know how many Kuwaitis were robbed, murdered, raped...? Do you know how many were kidnapped, taken back into Iraq along with the retreating forces, and are STILL unaccounted for?

7. In Operation Desert Storm 98 soldiers, 6 sailors, 24 Marines and 20 airmen lost their lives while in combat. Also, 467 servicemembers were wounded in action. Those are from the US Armed Forces alone.

-Miglionico
I know some Rangers who will be deploying over the course of the next few weeks (dont ask which ones cause I wont tell you.) All I can say is Gods Speed, and stay safe but have fun.

Please dont talk about troop movements....

-Luttman
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Morgan (and this goes for everyone):

There are a number of military-knowledge and experience communities on the Internet where one can share their insights and discuss issues with others. The one here at ArmyRanger.com is rather small, as the old forum software was recently replaced with this one. While your participation here is appreciated, I would ask that you show a bit of respect to the other communities and not post information presented by their users here, unless you are the original author of that content.

Thank you.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

DocHoliday:

You should wait until after you are a soldier before using phrases as "We as soldiers". Until then, it is to you "soldiers".

Glock:

No way in hell are they waiting for you. By the time you get there, you could very well be calling fast movers into Colombia or someother third world (they call themselves 'developing' for self-image) shithole. That is IF you make it there. You haven't done it yet and despite all your self-confidence and preparations, there are about a million variables between then and now.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

No problem Ranger, I didn't know it was a problem. Im sure if you wanted me to edit that one you would have done it yourself but I will not share other users insights that I talk to on other forums in the future.

-Luttman
DocHoliday

OOPS

Post by DocHoliday »

My bad about the "We as soldiers" part. At DEP thats all they say, How we are soldiers now and we Represent the future of the Army. But I get what your saying. Thanks for the correction sir.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Spartan, Your right, this whole thing is going to be over by the time I finish all of my training.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Morgan: Kind of like taking content from one person's site, even though many contribute to it, and posting it on your own site. I know that if people were taking stuff off of my site and posting it on others, it would not leave me feeling too good about the other's sites. I appreciate it. No need to edit, just to respect other's content in the future.

Thanks.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”