PSA- Synthetic Marijuana

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

fatboy
Ranger

PSA- Synthetic Marijuana

Post by fatboy »

Just thought I'd throw this out there- synthetic weed is making a comeback in the Philly area.
To go with that, I have a few observations:

1. Almost every time I've dealt with people using it, they go from almost catatonic to hulk mode. Pain response is practically none.
2. K2 or it's variants also seem to release an inner zombie, where the user wants to bite and spit at people.
3. Worse than the synthetic weed by itself is the synthetic weed mixed with PCP. That escalates things to fighting, like immediately. And pain response is actually zero with that combo. But a tazer works really fucking well to knock the dude down so the dogpile can get started.
4. When the medics arrive, they bring ketamine. Ketamine is great for taking the fight out of drug induced hulk smash mode.

So anyone else dealing with this lucky combination of drugs and assholes, or is it just me?
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: PSA- Synthetic Marijuana

Post by Jim »

DC Shutters First Business For Selling Synthetic Marijuana

http://wamu.org/news/15/02/11/dc_shutte ... _marijuana
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Pa actually has a law that equates k2 and its variants as a controlled substance, and is charged as an ungraded misdemeanor for possession.
Its going to become epidemic based on all the probationers/ parolees smoking it because it isn't always picked up on a urinalysis test.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NYC sees surge in use of synthetic marijuana, complicating efforts to deal with the homeless

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/08/ny ... deal-with/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

K2 is bad shit man. There are still several gas stations around here that sell it right at the register.

It fucks people up. Almost meth like symptoms, drooling, overheating, sweating, paranoid, hallucinating, and turns very violent instantly.

Bad juju. How they still sell it is beyond me. These idiots are always hanging around the subway stations smoking it in the dark corners. Reminds me of the idiot types from that movie The Crow.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

We had an old head with a pacemaker the other night that was drunk and then smoked it. Brought out his inner zombie enough that he decided my leg looked tasty. Then the fight started.

WTF are some people thinking?

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Not sure how that stuff is being equated to marijuana. I've yet to meet a stoner who wasn't a master couch surfer incapable of violence against anything but potato chips.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

RangerX wrote:Not sure how that stuff is being equated to marijuana. I've yet to meet a stoner who wasn't a master couch surfer incapable of violence against anything but potato chips.
I know quite a few stoners that are capable of extreme violence, and have exercised that capability. Now granted, most tend to mix their drugs and booze so it isn't always straight weed. But it remains in my experience that were smokers rarely only commit that "crime" (use/ possession.)

(Crime is in quotes because I see it being legalized down the road. And I can support that. Right up until someone smokes so much ganja that they decided to try to eat my leg. Then my support would be withdrawn.)

Basically, I equate it solely on the fact that that's what it is marketed as and that is what my state statutes equates it to.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

fatboy wrote:
RangerX wrote:Not sure how that stuff is being equated to marijuana. I've yet to meet a stoner who wasn't a master couch surfer incapable of violence against anything but potato chips.
I know quite a few stoners that are capable of extreme violence, and have exercised that capability. Now granted, most tend to mix their drugs and booze so it isn't always straight weed. But it remains in my experience that were smokers rarely only commit that "crime" (use/ possession.)

(Crime is in quotes because I see it being legalized down the road. And I can support that. Right up until someone smokes so much ganja that they decided to try to eat my leg. Then my support would be withdrawn.)

Basically, I equate it solely on the fact that that's what it is marketed as and that is what my state statutes equates it to.
Understood, and kinda figured it was some "marketing genius" that came up with it.

So the question have is this - do your legs come in cool ranch flavor?

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Bacon flavored would be my guess.

:D

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

fatboy wrote:Bacon flavored would be my guess.

:D
Yeah OK I just threw up a little bit in my mouth :lol:

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Same type of effects as bathsalts, which I believe started the rash of zombie like attacks a couple years ago when those fools were actually chasing people down and literally eating them on the sides of the road.

We need more chlorine.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Agreed on all counts Cams. Fuck this zombie shit. It's a scary thought that somewhere deep in the corners of your brain is a magic button, that with the right chemicals, gets triggered and sends you into flesh eating zombie mode.
Fuck. That.
Head shots all around, with boarding house rules in effect. Everyone will get firsts before anyone gets seconds.

Reminds me of Earthpig's fighting a dead guy story. I might have to hunt that one down and bump it back to life.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Up in my neck of the woods it is all about meth, which is getting worse. Hard to think of that stuff in the great northwoods, but all the glossy state tourist brochures extolling the attractions of the lakeside homes and the hunting & fishing are just a shiny veneer over the hard realities of the North's social and economic issues.
Not long ago meth in northern WI was limited to the occasional lab cobbled together in some backwoods cabin for use by a few kids and losers.
Different story today - the local amateur meth labs are gone. According to the local PD and the county sheriff, who gave a shocking presentation at the local library, meth is now produced by the ton in Mexican factories for export to the US. It is shipped in 55 gallon drums via semi-trailers across the border and then across the US. The Twin Cities is the primary distribution center for the Midwest.
When they outlined the amounts of money involved, it was easy to imagine how the money is available to bribe enough people at all levels to permit the trucks to pass the border, travel the interstates without hindrance, and deliver to warehouses and distributors.

LEOs told us the demand which fuels the large supply system is growing despite their efforts. Users fund their need by theft, breaking into outbuildings, cabins, vacation homes, and residences.

Shortly before leaving for my treatment, I learned the local paper, which publishes the sheriff & police blotters, does not report all of the break-ins and thefts.
I confronted the local police chief at the presentation, giving him the old seconds vs. minutes quote, and he told me "I can't tell you what to do, but remember the castle doctrine applies here."
On a side note, he also stated they never use no-knock warrants.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Reality is, drug use across the board is up because there is no real reason not use them anymore. There are no penalties mostly, and the ones that exist usually aren't stiff enough to deter users.
Personally,I have no issues with drug use- drink, smoke, sniff, snort, or inject whatever the hell you want into your body. But when you harm others in any way, shape or form because of it then there should be a shift and violent end to it.
Big Boy rules apply, and it's time that society as a whole generally stops getting coddled over their stupid ass decisions.
That's just my personal opinion though.

I guess I'm lucky in my area- not a whole lot of meth, but heroin and crack are like candy. Weed is on everyone, kinda like American express- they never leave home without it. PCP goes in cycles, and the synthetics are becoming a growth industry.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1

Return to “The Mosh Pit”