And now what?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

And now what?

Post by Bushwack »

After the events of today. May the God bless and keep our troops in the palm of his hand. What pisses me off is that Potus said a year ago IS was the JV team. What a load of shit. Now we may suffer more casualties because he did not act when he knew better. WTF.
SP6/SSG, B 5/6 ADA 76-79; 95th Svc Co 80-82; 523 Maint. Co. 82-84
Proud of him and those like him.
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: And now what?

Post by rangerjd »

President Bush predicted this would happen if we did not leave some sort of contingent force behind. And we still don't have the gonads to go at them full throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ukJlcpqEY

Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bushwack wrote:After the events of today. May the God bless and keep our troops in the palm of his hand. What pisses me off is that Potus said a year ago IS was the JV team. What a load of shit. Now we may suffer more casualties because he did not act when he knew better. WTF.
Please elaborate, lots of things happen every day that not all of us hear about right away.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

rangerjd wrote:President Bush predicted this would happen if we did not leave some sort of contingent force behind. And we still don't have the gonads to go at them full throttle.

President Bush caused this shit. Lets not act like he is the second coming here.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Baseplate wrote:
rangerjd wrote:President Bush predicted this would happen if we did not leave some sort of contingent force behind. And we still don't have the gonads to go at them full throttle.

President Bush caused this shit. Lets not act like he is the second coming here.
To be fair, I would place more of the blame on Donald Rumsfeld than Bush himself.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I won't disagree with you. But Where was this all knowing Bush when Don fuckface was working his evil ways?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Baseplate wrote:I won't disagree with you. But Where was this all knowing Bush when Don fuckface was working his evil ways?
Not sure all-knowing and Bush belong in the same sentence - same goes for many of our past CiCs. Also not sure micro-management = evil. Wait, I work in Corporate America. Micro-management does in fact = evil.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I wouldn't blame this on Bush either. This was coming, one way or the other, and it has been heading this way since the mid-1970s. Start with the assassination of Sadat by the Muslim Brotherhood and continue forward. If folks think that a dictator like Saddam would have stopped ISIS, just look at Syria. That dictator is not exactly stopping shit. This was coming. Only those who do not study history are surprised.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rgrokelley wrote:I wouldn't blame this on Bush either. This was coming, one way or the other, and it has been heading this way since the mid-1970s. Start with the assassination of Sadat by the Muslim Brotherhood and continue forward. If folks think that a dictator like Saddam would have stopped ISIS, just look at Syria. That dictator is not exactly stopping shit. This was coming. Only those who do not study history are surprised.
...and condemned to repeat it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Bushwack

Post by Bushwack »

Ranger Cams
Sorry for the late reply. I was off the grid for a few days. I meant that if Potus acted sooner the Isis situation may not have been this bad.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bushwack wrote:Ranger Cams
Sorry for the late reply. I was off the grid for a few days. I meant that if Potus acted sooner the Isis situation may not have been this bad.
I think it may not have been exactly as it is now; but the uprising in the mid-east has been developing for many years. The impact of "Arab Spring" is ongoing. And I expect it to continue. I expect terrorist attacks here in the USA.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bushwack wrote:Ranger Cams
No sweat brother. And cams will do just fine, you're a Veteran yourself, no need for formalities.

Thanks for the update. It's definitely an interesting turn of events, one that I'm sure will be addressed violently at some point by the tip of the spear.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Bushwack

Post by Bushwack »

Jim wrote: I think it may not have been exactly as it is now; but the uprising in the mid-east has been developing for many years. The impact of "Arab Spring" is ongoing. And I expect it to continue. I expect terrorist attacks here in the USA.
Will this Moslam radical hatred of the US ever end? No matter how many we kill or how painful we make it on them doesn't seem to deter the basterds. What's the solution? I hope smarter people than I wil figure a way to put an end to it.

What the hell. We can't kill them all. Not a bad idea but unrealistic.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bushwack wrote:Will this Moslam radical hatred of the US ever end?
When you start getting down to the root of it, this is generally a have-nots hating the haves situation. If you were to flood the source shit holes that these stone age fuckwits crawl out of with prosperity, none of them would be doing this. It is EXTREMELY easy to radicalize someone whose life situation ranks somewhere slightly above septic tank bacteria and below hood rat with an iPhone.

What makes my mind seize up are the ones at the other end of the wealth spectrum who get involved - usually the neglected offspring of whomever managed to amass the fortune in the first place. "Daddy didn't love me enough as a child so I will go to Shitholistan and join the goat fuckers for validation."

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

RangerX wrote:
Bushwack wrote:Will this Moslam radical hatred of the US ever end?

What makes my mind seize up are the ones at the other end of the wealth spectrum who get involved - usually the neglected offspring of whomever managed to amass the fortune in the first place. "Daddy didn't love me enough as a child so I will go to Shitholistan and join the goat fuckers for validation."
This: Truth that is also a serious WTF
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA

Return to “The Mosh Pit”