Sequester and Training

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Sequester and Training

Post by PerryB »

I was wondering if you have seen a reduction in training or supplies for our active duty soldiers as a result of the sequester. I know it hit me as a DOD employee I'm subject to a 1 day a week furlough for 11 weeks. The furlough has caused us to cram 40 hours of work in to 32. The reduced hours has caused a few kids to return to the meps more than once because we run out of time.
Things don't look better for next year and I wonder how this is going to affect readiness.

Perry
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Sequester and Training

Post by rangertough »

As a contractor the Sequester has benefitted us short term on JBLM. I teach ABCS (FBCB2, CPOF etc) and units without training dollars for schools or field exercises are flocking to the classrooms here. The courses are paid for whether there are butts in the seats or not.

Short term gain for long term loss though.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sequester and Training

Post by Jim »

The Director of the Army Staff has cancelled the contract to teach the one week Orientation class at the Army Force Management School. This was a block of instruction for all newly assigned officers, civilians and enlisted assigned to the Army Staff in the Pentagon. The class was taught 26 - 35 times a year. With 60 - 65 students per class.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”