MLB "Tribute to Heroes"...VOTE for Forum Member

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Roster#253
Ranger

MLB "Tribute to Heroes"...VOTE for Forum Member

Post by Roster#253 »

Rangers,

Although I do not often post, I visit almost daily to catch up on all that’s going on with this very special community which I am humbled and honored to be part of. I suppose I don’t contribute more out of deference for those of you that have done and seen so much more throughout the course of your respective careers than myself.

That said, I have used my personal experience in the military as a tool to help in my current billet as a Readjustment Counselor with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs here in New Jersey. My calling has always been to service and taking care of soldiers and their families. I am blessed to have the chance to continue to do just that here at the Vet Center. Recently, a very unique opportunity to further my efforts on behalf of veterans has presented itself to me.

A current promotional union between People Magazine and Major League Baseball geared towards honoring military veterans has entered its final stage and I am fortunate enough to be one of the remaining three nominees with the chance to represent the New York Yankees at the 2013 All Star Game at Citi Field in NY. (http://mlb.mlb.com/tribute/2013/index.jsp )

If selected thru a 10 day public voting period I will be down on the field during the pre-game ceremonies representing not only the Yankees, but more importantly, all those servicemen and women out there protecting this country today, as well as all those that have come before.

Let me make it abundantly clear that even though the contest is called “Tribute to Heroes”, I do not consider myself a hero in any way, shape, or form. That said, I was nominated by a family member and would be humbled to represent all those true Heroes, whom we all know, that are still out there doing it and those that have given all.

This would be a privilege beyond description for me and I would not take the honor for granted. Given my work with returning veterans I would use this platform to continue to raise awareness for this population and take the experience I gain into future outreach efforts.

I’d be grateful if you would check out this website to read my biography and place a vote…multiple votes are authorized and encouraged:
http://mlb.mlb.com/tribute/2013/index.jsp

Many thanks in advance to all of you.

RLTW,
Jonathan
Roster #253
RGR Class 8-00
82nd ABN (2nd BCT) 2000-2003 / OIF I
-CO FSO (C/2-325th AIR)
-PL/XO (B/2-319th AFAR)
-RSO (HSB/2-319th AFAR)
-BN FDO (2-319th AFAR)
Vet Center Readjustment Counselor (NJ)
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Re: MLB "Tribute to Heroes"...VOTE for Forum Member

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Done, good luck!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Hope my family gets to see you on the METS home field! Good Luck, Ranger!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Done. Good luck, Ranger.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”