How will government stop the violence?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

JoBa
US Army Veteran

How will government stop the violence?

Post by JoBa »

Our President has made the statement about doing something significant to bring the gun violence in our nation to a halt after the latest carnage.

Myself, I think it is a pretty likely assumption that unless something significant is done, we will see more of these senseless acts of violence continuing to take place.

My quandary is that I honestly believe that we do have a right to keep and bear arms, but I also honestly believe the violence has to be brought under control.

What can our government do to bring this crap to a halt, I mean a screeching halt?

What do you think they will actually do?

Will whatever they do work?

-John
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: How will government stop the violence?

Post by cams »

JoBa wrote:Our President has made the statement about doing something significant to bring the gun violence in our nation to a halt after the latest carnage.

Myself, I think it is a pretty likely assumption that unless something significant is done, we will see more of these senseless acts of violence continuing to take place.

My quandary is that I honestly believe that we do have a right to keep and bear arms, but I also honestly believe the violence has to be brought under control.

What can our government do to bring this crap to a halt, I mean a screeching halt?

What do you think they will actually do?

Will whatever they do work?

-John
It's very simple, enforce the laws that we already have in place, we don't need more laws, we just need to hang some liberal judges and attorneys and be allowed to punish criminals instead of hugging them and just giving them a fucking time out.

They will try to outlaw guns completely, I'd bet a fair price on that. But, if one looks to the drug laws for an example, how long has heroin been against the law?

How many people a yr does heroin kill? Or drunk driving? I think OUI is about 80,000 deaths per yr or somewheres thereabout. Will they outlaw those vicious cars and trucks?

Why aren't the moonbats up in arms about this? This example alone (heroin) clearly shows, that yes, you can make something completely illegal, and when you do, the only ones that will have it, are criminals.

In Mass for example, it is illegal to even be in the presence of someone who has heroin on their person. Try enforcing that one in a liberal court.

It really is coming down to, "Us vs Them".
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

IMHO, it comes down to three words. Mental Health Infrastructure.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RangerX wrote:IMHO, it comes down to three words. Mental Health Infrastructure.
In this case the inmates are running the mental health institution.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

My biggest concern is our Government deciding what is best for each and every one of us I truly believe this is a huge reason we find our Nation in the sad state of affairs it is currently in.

What is working for Switzerland with each household trained and armed maybe we need to learn from the example they are setting.

Obama recently turned his back on Israel I find it amazing that in our Nation's time of grief during the Sandy Hook Massacre that Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rose above the situation expressing his condolences to President Barack Obama and the American people on Saturday.

Yes I too believe the mental health industry could be improved is there any quick solution to it no but I do not believe a handful of individuals picked by those in power in Wash DC is the answer, it should be representative of all the American people not just the White House and Congressional approved special interest groups: insurance carriers, pharmaceutical companies, political health care appointees. Look what happened to the banking, financial institution industry when the federal government, congress became involved in it.

I pray that Obama and others in Washington DC start speaking truth about what they do and the agendas they hold, the American public deserves nothing less!

I could go on with examples but I'll refrain, I pray that Americans realizes what Citizens of other nations do given that the media in those Countries are not withholding the information the media here in the US is.

I pray for those who lost love ones in the massacre and those who's lives will never be the same given this act of evil and cowardice, maybe we can be headed towards healing and getting back towards the ideas, policies that makes America a great country for it's Citizens to live in.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

JoBa wrote:
Nothing ! Obama and the rest of the federal government need to work on the budget which is what they are supposed to be doing. What happened in that school was tragic and horrible, but is not something the federal government needs to be getting concerned about.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

There isn't any. My mother is the head of clinical social work for the Northern Colorado health care system. Colorado has one public mental health care facility right now.

No money in your bank account=no in-patient treatment. I was lamenting to her that the way we treat mentally ill Soldiers and vets (drugs but zero counseling) is reprehensible, she opened my eyes and told me that's how we treat everyone now.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

The last time our federal government lauched a proactive attack against gun ownership, they ended up murdering 82 Branch Davidians, including 20 toddlers. Yes, it donned on me just a few minutes ago that 20 kids died in that massacre too. Where was all the MSM ballyhoo then?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
JoBa
US Army Veteran

Post by JoBa »

I do not believe that government will allow this opportunity to disarm as many as possible slip through their fingers. If ever there was a better time to disarm America, this is absolutely it.

We will be lucky to be able to own a bolt action single shot 22 cal. rifle when the dust settles from this one.....assuming of course we would want to endure all the red tape and fees required to do it.

Now is probably a good time to report your favorite registered firearms as being stolen.

-JoBa
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rangertough wrote:

There isn't any. My mother is the head of clinical social work for the Northern Colorado health care system. Colorado has one public mental health care facility right now.

No money in your bank account=no in-patient treatment. I was lamenting to her that the way we treat mentally ill Soldiers and vets (drugs but zero counseling) is reprehensible, she opened my eyes and told me that's how we treat everyone now.

Tough
Kinda my point. The last three mass killings all involved people who should have been under psychiatric supervision.

This article does a great job. http://thebluereview.org/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother/ The site is getting hammered right now, but it should load after a bit.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

RangerX wrote:
rangertough wrote:

Tough
Kinda my point. The last three mass killings all involved people who should have been under psychiatric supervision.

This article does a great job. http://thebluereview.org/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother/ The site is getting hammered right now, but it should load after a bit.

Just reinforcing your points brother.

Tough
Rangertough
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

As an aside, mental health seems to be coming front and center this time. The usual gun banning crowd are howling per standard, but this is the first time I have seen such a strong call for mental health reform....

Personally, I'd like to hear some NRA lobbyists start shouting for rebuilding the MHI

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

hobbit wrote:The last time our federal government lauched a proactive attack against gun ownership, they ended up murdering 82 Branch Davidians, including 20 toddlers. Yes, it donned on me just a few minutes ago that 20 kids died in that massacre too. Where was all the MSM ballyhoo then?
I think you bring up a great point.

Digital media for informational (as opposed to entertainment) purposes has changed significantly.

I believe the "Information Age" has made the informed even more so and has given the un-informed a legitamacy that they not only do not deserve but makes them dangerous.

Partisan news (ie. Fox, MSNBC etc.) has allowed the individual who was labeled an idiot who didn't keep up on world events to now spout key phrases engineered with spin. Add the fact that said idiot is only going to spout his bullshit around like-minded people (unless he's brave on the internet). Which means that our idiot is not going to expose himself/herself to disenting opinion.

If Waco or Ruby Ridge happened tomorrow the outcomes and outcry would be significantly different.

Tough
Rangertough

Return to “The Mosh Pit”