VFW

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

fatboy
Ranger

Re: VFW

Post by fatboy »

ManchuV wrote:
fatboy wrote: Only place I got a shitty reception was at a joint in a Solon, Ohio where my father in law lived and died. I went to them to see if they could help with the freedom of information act for his military service, and the guy in charge bought me a drink and basically told me he wasn't interested in helping me.
I would've got that mugg,s name, and contacted his CoC and got his butt fired. If you are not there to serve those who served, or got a problem with 'people skills' you shouldn't be there working in a position that requires patience with people especially folks who my have issues after serving in bad areas.

It is because of folks like that is why groups like this get a bad name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In hind sight I should have taken that route, but at the time I was about 2 weeks home after a 12 month stint dodging IED's in north central Iraq. Analytical thinking was not a strong suit that night. Especially coupled with an incident earlier in the day where a shithead brother in law showed up and tried to bully his way over my pregnant wife. That however, is a story for another day.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Because am on using i5 phone I've learned I can't quote you all but have experienced rejection - excuse - because I wasn't in the All Mighty Big Fucking War . I don't even remember which orginization it were as I walked away. My biggest battle was dealing with the VA doctors - well fuck you doctor, treat me or quit your little job & I'll be back every fucking day because I don't quit "Fuck Face!" & I came back (in some cases) every day. I won my case by where as I got brand new VA Shoes were condemed by their own shoe repair men due to my severe ankle injuries. My special shoes had thick padding on my insoles, felt as if I was walking on clouds & had to have a 2 pair to rotate my shoes every day - took me 7 years but I got them & dutifully returned them for repair. I showed them to my local shoe repairman. He said they were very good & must cost over $350 in late '80. I tell them whenever they give me shit here in hospital I yell! Send me a Board certifed psycharatrist or a shrink, next I yell, where's my chaplain. I don't abuse them & no one bothers me. I'm off subject. Back in the 1970's I had to fight for everything. Nothing was easy once you knew the VA is not on your side. It's people inside the VA they personally want to help you - you are lucky when you are truly being helped. Later all but keep fighting for your benefits, your treatment & anybody behind you, you can pull up to where you are. Its always a battle.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Steadfast wrote:.
Because am on using i5 phone I've learned I can't quote you all but have experienced rejection - excuse - because I wasn't in the All Mighty Big Fucking War . I don't even remember which orginization it were as I walked away. My biggest battle was dealing with the VA doctors - well fuck you doctor, treat me or quit your little job & I'll be back every fucking day because I don't quit "Fuck Face!" & I came back (in some cases) every day. I won my case by where as I got brand new VA Shoes were condemed by their own shoe repair men due to my severe ankle injuries. My special shoes had thick padding on my insoles, felt as if I was walking on clouds & had to have a 2 pair to rotate my shoes every day - took me 7 years but I got them & dutifully returned them for repair. I showed them to my local shoe repairman. He said they were very good & must cost over $350 in late '80. I tell them whenever they give me shit here in hospital I yell! Send me a Board certifed psycharatrist or a shrink, next I yell, where's my chaplain. I don't abuse them & no one bothers me. I'm off subject. Back in the 1970's I had to fight for everything. Nothing was easy once you knew the VA is not on your side. It's people inside the VA they personally want to help you - you are lucky when you are truly being helped. Later all but keep fighting for your benefits, your treatment & anybody behind you, you can pull up to where you are. Its always a battle.

Brother, it is people like you that continue to fight the needed fights that gives me hope that all isn't lost in this country. Keep on giving them hell until you they give you what you EARNED.

Manchu- I'm not sure if your relative has one of these locally, but try the county level veteran's board. They go by different names, but most places have them. When I first got out of the service, my local one helped me get my shit straight with some VA benefits. They might be a better resource to start with than trying to fight it out with a big hospital. If she has already done that and can't get anywhere, then I suggest the scorched earth approach. Walk in to the head guy's office, strip down naked, and rub your taint all over his keyboard (and everything else in the office) until you they give you what your family earned as well.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Proud to pass along this photo SITREP, we were almost broke before our new board and myself took over...what a turn around! Thought you might enjoy some pics from the VFW...Covers just a few of the things we've been doing...The order is a tad jumbled but you'll get the gist
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Awesome Job.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

IEDmagnet wrote:Awesome Job.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
Agreed. 100% of an awesome job! Keep up the good work, it is appreciated by us knuckle draggers, even if we don't always say it.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Awesome job! Can you get me that one chick's number?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Thanks Gentlemen...I'm constantly amazed at how well we can do. NUMBER ONE, always keep our old school guard onboard, they are our history and learning curve...Get them involved, LOOK OUT SHIT HAPPENS!...Our Korean and Vietnam Veterans are so amazing...All they want is truly for us to be successful. All ya' gotta' do is ask!!!...I encourage all the people that are disappointed to revisit their local VFW...if it doesn't meet your needs, get onboard that shit is fixable. Many of you know I have two Ranger kids (yup, kids, that's the mom in me)..I truly believe we are babysitting this organization until our more recent Vets can integrate their family in to the organization through volunteer opportunities...All we have to do is provide those opportunities for the...RLTW
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

RangerX wrote:Awesome job! Can you get me that one chick's number?
Ranger X that "one chick" is a Redhead ...according to my son ( it's his "friends with benefits" buddy) they only have two speeds..they are either fighting or fucking...I'm pretty sure you might be familiar with both...just sayin'
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

blueskiesalways wrote:
RangerX wrote:Awesome job! Can you get me that one chick's number?
Ranger X that "one chick" is a Redhead ...according to my son ( it's his "friends with benefits" buddy) they only have two speeds..they are either fighting or fucking...I'm pretty sure you might be familiar with both...just sayin'
No, not the redhead (although - yikes!). I meant this hottie from the first picture:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

blueskiesalways, it appears you have done a great job turning this VFW Post around. Well done!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”