VFW

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: VFW

Post by cams »

blueskiesalways wrote:Still working on the stripper pole, but smoking is banned :)
Wait. What?

This confused me and stopped me in my tracks. :lol:

Though I think I've figured out that you're "working on GETTING a stripper pole", not actually working an existing pole. Yes?

Great SITREP by the way, actually sounds like it'll be the most squared away VFW I've ever heard of. Great job BSA. :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Dangit wrote:
cams wrote:
blueskiesalways wrote:Still working on the stripper pole, but smoking is banned :)
Wait. What?

This confused me and stopped me in my tracks. :lol:

Though I think I've figured out that you're "working on GETTING a stripper pole", not actually working an existing pole. Yes?

Great SITREP by the way, actually sounds like it'll be the most squared away VFW I've ever heard of. Great job BSA. :wink:
Having met our friend BSA, she could make an existing pole work too :wink: :oops:
I imagine that to be so. She has birthed and raised 2 Ranger Warriors.

With that in mind and my deep desire to keep my testicles where they are, I shall not comment further. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

So another SITREP, Today they had a executive meeting and I got a raise in pay...It's not about how much thet gave me, it's just such a simple complement it almost brought tears to my eyes....I never asked for it nor do I care if I got it....But for me I guess it's a tad about the principal. See, for me it's pretty simple...There is not EVER NOR will ever ever be a VET that I don't RESRECT...

r
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Btw...the kid is finally heading home after deployment and in his last week of sniper school, which we oviously know he's going to pass....since there again, oviously no other question for him (dUHH,he's a Ranger)..YUP, PROUD MOMMA!
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Another SITREP. This weekend is a big weekend for us. Just spent the last four months planning/executing our 1st Annual golf tournament. Right now i'm on base to make about $4,000/5,000 profit...I'm cool with that, because the bottom line is really about making money for the organization...BUT MOTHER OF GOD!!!!...Thanks for the FUCKING HELP!
Here is my motivation, I have been a member here since my first kid joined your ranks....2004....been a long haul so far, with one still serving (3rd batt)...But, one day those kids are going to want to 'bullshit" with their "people"...not now, not soon. They are raising young kids with a full agenda. But, one day. I just want to make sure it's available to them...It's an attainable goal
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Sorry. that sounded like I was bitching at you guys...I'm not, just frustrated...locally.
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Been a little since I have given you a SITREP on where we are at with our VFW post progress. Can't lie, it's still a challenge. So amazed at the progress we have made though....I am so fortunate to work for an unbelievably amazing board, every non-profit Veterans organization should take stock from them! We cut out all entitlement "freebies". Re-structured the bar so we weren't giving away the booze. Have check & balances in place so EVERY dollar is accounted for....EVERY DD214 IS VETTED... Re painted so the years of smoking in there wasn't plastered all over the acoustical tile!..Switched the to pub tables...Have volunteers that are so hard core...INCLUDING...GASP, TEENAGERS!, i'm in awe of them...If you get chance, swing by the Pekin VFW page there are great pictures of our progress....Thanks...Love still being here with you guys :) RLTW...Still got one serving in the 3rd Batt :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

You guys having any GWOT era veterans show up blueskiesalways? I've had quite a few buddies go check out various VFW's/American Legions and I'm yet to hear of a positive interaction between those of my generation and older veterans at these places. My own outside experience with the local VFW commander at an outside event was not a positive one and I've had little desire to associate with them in any capacity.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:You guys having any GWOT era veterans show up blueskiesalways? I've had quite a few buddies go check out various VFW's/American Legions and I'm yet to hear of a positive interaction between those of my generation and older veterans at these places. My own outside experience with the local VFW commander at an outside event was not a positive one and I've had little desire to associate with them in any capacity.
This. Seems like a lot of the guys I've met at those places think my war was beneath them.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IEDmagnet wrote:
SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:You guys having any GWOT era veterans show up blueskiesalways? I've had quite a few buddies go check out various VFW's/American Legions and I'm yet to hear of a positive interaction between those of my generation and older veterans at these places. My own outside experience with the local VFW commander at an outside event was not a positive one and I've had little desire to associate with them in any capacity.
This. Seems like a lot of the guys I've met at those places think my war was beneath them.
It is interesting, I got the same shit when I went to my local VFW in 1968. The WWII vets seemed to think Viet-Nam was a lower caliber war than they were in.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Jim wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:
It is interesting, I got the same shit when I went to my local VFW in 1968. The WWII vets seemed to think Viet-Nam was a lower caliber war than they were in.
Strictly speaking for my neighborhood VFW (literally my neighborhood- it's like a mile of staggering distance, if even that far), myself and a few guys that served with me have had good receptions when we have been at the bar together. Even spent the night trading war stories with 2 old Marine vets from Vietnam.
Only place I got a shitty reception was at a joint in a Solon, Ohio where my father in law lived and died. I went to them to see if they could help with the freedom of information act for his military service, and the guy in charge bought me a drink and basically told me he wasn't interested in helping me.
It took a whole lot of restraint not to beat his ass that night.
But for the record, at this point, I couldn't even 100% say that was a VFW and not an American Legion post.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08

Return to “The Mosh Pit”