Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IntelToad
Ranger

Movie Reviews

Post by IntelToad »

Anyone seen any good new movies ?

I took the chick to see "Hero" last night.

Awesome story about a Chinese sword fighter turned assassin about 1,000 years ago. There were elements of "Unforgiven" and other Westerns in it, lots of martial arts and battles etc. The chick enjoyed the visual aspects of the film, really cool uses of color and music. I got lost a few times with the plot and the subtitles were tough to follow here and there. Still, a good flick.

I would give it 4 stars but I'm kind of pissed that the Commie bastards are not only producing cheap washing machines but also better movies than we are ! :shock:

Anyone see "Sky Captain" ? My 4 year old wants to see it.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Save your money on Shark Tale. :roll: :x
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The wife and daughter went to see Shark Tale...The daughter went to sleep. Which makes it a good movie because anything that can make my 2 yr old sleep is good in my book.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Beautiful cinematography, but the underlying Chinese nationalist propaganda message was rather disturbing. Implying that the collective is more important than individual is the core theme of the movie, not the superficial pacifist message. The “Our Landâ€
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

You guys are lucky. In Greece we get the movies six months after you. I read all the reviews and then wait months to see them.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

"Friday Night Lights" should be opening in a week or so.

Damn good flick.
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
Spartan

Re: ,

Post by Spartan »

Pafsanias wrote:You guys are lucky. In Greece we get the movies six months after you. I read all the reviews and then wait months to see them.
You should buy a DVD player that is encoded for North America, then you would only have to wait 3-4 months to see it on DVD. Of course, knowing how the copyright Nazi's at the RIAA and MPAA work, I've probably just unwittingly encouraged you to commit a felony. :roll:
Chiron
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Chiron »

Spartan wrote:
Pafsanias wrote:You guys are lucky. In Greece we get the movies six months after you. I read all the reviews and then wait months to see them.
You should buy a DVD player that is encoded for North America, then you would only have to wait 3-4 months to see it on DVD. Of course, knowing how the copyright Nazi's at the RIAA and MPAA work, I've probably just unwittingly encouraged you to commit a felony. :roll:
Yes good point. I have a DVD and often order from amazon.com it would be cool to copy them. A good DVD player and read/write capable runs about $ 1,500 here. So I just purchsed the read only for $ 60.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Ranger Pafsanias

You've got that beautiful wife, that badass house, living in paradise and you're snivelling about having to wait a few months on DVD movies!?! Lets flip it to our side of the world. We have to look at silly ass reporters talkin about Kerry and Bush, Edwards and Bush, Edwards and Old School Cheney, Kerry and Cheney, Halburton-Kerry-Edwards-Bush and Cheney, then the protestors, then look at what our wifes want to watch (and eat by the way), and THEN go back and look at that photo of your new home in Greece! And wonder what the hell did we do to deserve THIS!?!

j/k I'm sure some of us actually Love our wives, our homes, love lookin at our wives and our homes, makin love to our wifes (then "immediately afterwards" falling asleep in our home) and stuff like that................BUT ME.......... all I can say is..............I like to dream :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

BeadleBug wrote:Ranger Pafsanias

You've got that beautiful wife, that badass house, living in paradise and you're snivelling about having to wait a few months on DVD movies!?! Lets flip it to our side of the world. We have to look at silly ass reporters talkin about Kerry and Bush, Edwards and Bush, Edwards and Old School Cheney, Kerry and Cheney, Halburton-Kerry-Edwards-Bush and Cheney, then the protestors, then look at what our wifes want to watch (and eat by the way), and THEN go back and look at that photo of your new home in Greece! And wonder what the hell did we do to deserve THIS!?!

j/k I'm sure some of us actually Love our wives, our homes, love lookin at our wives and our homes, makin love to our wifes (then "immediately afterwards" falling asleep in our home) and stuff like that................BUT ME.......... all I can say is..............I like to dream :twisted:
I guess that proves no matter what you always covet something that is missing. I sympathize but remember I REALLY MISS LIVING IN THE U.S.OF A.!

Remember that it’s not what it looks like. The new summer home is going to cost me 33.33 percent of my monthly salary for 12 years and I’m still short some. That means I have to work harder in the years to come.

The wife well, she’s cute and cooks and all that but I guarantee you she still has the same issues as your wife or anybody else’s. :wink:

There is always something missing from all our lives. :cry:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

My Brother P,

Anytime you want to come home Bro, you have an open door and an extra room at my new house... Of course all my Brother's know that, but you of course would get the Grand Welcome Home that's so well deserved, for representing us so very well while being abroad.

As for your wife, she is lovely, she does cook and we all already knew that she had the same wife issues that all wive's had. Brother, that's what wive's do. It's their job. I used to get pissed about it, but then I was shown the light by the Pastor's insightful sermon's.... It's how you see the world.

Now, as for movies. I finally got to see "Man on Fire" and that was a stunning show. Without doubt Denzel's best so far. And on that note, I bid you all a good night.

Godspeed,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

If you ever played football in high school (it'll make you wanna suit up and go for it again) or if you just enjoy the game or if you were ever curious as to how its played behind closed doors, this is the movie to see. Based on a true story as well. But it was better than I expected. Highly recommended.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/ ... ights.html
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Friday Night Lights is a good moive. I recommend it too.

Not the typical ending you would expect either. Good Movie of a football crazed town.

It is funny. The city I live in now isn't craxy about its team even though our football team has only lost like 6 games in 6 years. In fact the stands are only half full. I really don't understand it. Maybe they just win too easy. The coach has a helleva program but the interest is low.

Ranger2

Return to “The Mosh Pit”