Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Damn Ranger2...........are you feeling ok? You mean to tell me we finally AGREE on something.................lol

Shit I think I better play the lottery tonight, lightin just might strike twice....ya never know. 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Ranger2 wrote:Friday Night Lights is a good moive. I recommend it too.

Not the typical ending you would expect either.
Yeah, Yeah, they all end like I thought they would, Titanic, Passion of the Christ, etc.... :roll:
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

BeadleBug wrote:Damn Ranger2...........are you feeling ok? You mean to tell me we finally AGREE on something.................lol

Shit I think I better play the lottery tonight, lightin just might strike twice....ya never know. 8)
Shit I am just surprised that you aren't yelling at me :lol: :lol:

You never need to worry, I respect the helll out of you.

Ranger2
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Here are my Movie Pics: * to ***** Stars

Best Movies to Watch With Your Chick- these are movies that she will like but are still funny/enjoyable and will never be shown on Lifetime.

1. About a Boy *****
2. Notting Hill ****
3. High Fidelity ****
4. Lost in Translation ***
5. Waking Ned Devine ***

Best Action Movies- my favorite action movies.

1. The Rock *****
2. Ronin ****
3. The General ***** (Irish movie, fucking awesome)
4. The Longest Day ****
5. The Bourne Identity ****

Favorite Action Movies with a pre-20th Century Story:

1. Last of the Mohicans *****
2. Rob Roy *****
3. Braveheart *****
4. Northwest Passage ***** (Should be shown in RIP)
5. Excalibur *****

Favorite Comedies- good movies to watch while wearing your boxer shorts and drinking beer.

1. Blues Brothers *****
2. Animal House *****
3. Slapshot ****
4. Caddyshack ****
5. Old School ***

Favorite Comdies II- funny movies that are a bit more cerebral than the ones above.

1. The Big Lebowski *****
2. Rushmore *****
3. Raising Arizona ****
4. Blazing Saddles ****
5. Get Shorty ***

"Different" Comedies- very funny, but very different.

1. Bubba Hotep ***** (Heard about this from Terry Welshan !)
2. Mars Attacks ****
3. Top Secret ! ****
4. Zoolander ***
5. The Royal Tenenbaums ***

Best Movies with an Irish Theme or Story-

1. The Commitments *****
2. In the Name of the Father *****
3. Michael Collins ****
4. The Quiet Man **** (Shown all day in my house on St Patricks Day)
5. The Boxer ****
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html

The Motorcycle Diaries is an excellent movie, in Spanish, with English subtitles. The story is that of a communist revolutionary in his formative years as a young man, Che Guevarra, and his friend traveling the length and breadth of South America on motorcyle.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Now here's a kickass movie review:

I.Robot
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Gnome does Tijuana was pretty bad......
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I like "Debbie does Dallas" & "Deep Throat" anybody see these? Or any movies starring Vanessa Del Rio? :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I saw BadMomma VS Godzilla once. Poor Godzilla, he was crushed when BadMomma sat on him.
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

I recently got a chance to watch Fahrenheit 911 and FahrenHYPE 911 back to back. Michael Moore's movie reeked of BS and the other one was just plain boring.
It was interesting, though, to see how badly a person can twist the truth and it still be legal. I was greatly unimpressed by Micheal Moore's depiction of the soldiers. He made them out to look very unprofessional and stupid. There were clips of southern army boys saying things like "yeah we like to listen to the Ozzfest CD when we're riding in the tanks. You can hook it up to the headsets and it really gives you that adrenaline rush to go ROCKNROLL!!!"
As revealed in FahrenHYPE, Moore used footage of a veteran who had lost both of his arms in combat describing phantom limb pain to bryan willis, i believe, and made it look as though the vet was actually talking to Moore himself, complaining about the pain as if to say he didnt want to be in the war fighting for his country. According to the rebuttal, he also completely altered a headline from "the pantagraph" to falsely say "Recount shows Al Gore wins election."

Disgusting.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The Incredibles. Excellent movie.
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

The Grudge. Spooky as hell. I had to clear my house when I got home.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Super-size me. It is a documentary of a guy that ate nothing but McDonalds for 30 straight days...and the deterioration of his health. I highly encourage everyone to check it out.

Dublo
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bell

Post by Bell »

Dublo wrote:Super-size me. It is a documentary of a guy that ate nothing but McDonalds for 30 straight days...and the deterioration of his health. I highly encourage everyone to check it out.

Dublo
I know what the guy did wrong. I been living on McDonalds, Burger King, What-a-Burger, and places like that for the past 30 years. Shit, I can't forget about Jack in the Box and those greasy little tacos with the mystery meat. Now that's some good eating.

His problem was he didn't drink enough Budweiser. Dumbass.

RLTW
Bell
avidwanderer
USAF Vet/US Army Chopper Pilot

supspect 0

Post by avidwanderer »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went with my girl to see suspect 0 last night--that movie was awesome! Its about obsessive compulsive serial killers, it is different from seven and from hanibal films and is very intense. Carrie-Anne Moss (trinity) does a good job, as does the other guy playing the FBI.
Nov 2001--March 2006 52 SFS, 49 OSS
as active duty air force security forces
--crossed to army--
March 2006-May 2006 WOCS Class 06-07
May 2006-Nov 2007 B Co. 1/145th
Nov 2007-In a US army CAB
Oct 2008--Oct 2009 Camp Speicher B. 3-10 AVN
Oct 2010--Present JAF Task Force Six Shooters (Calvary)
AIR CAV!!!!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”