Impersonating a Ranger on Facebook

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

psouper
Ranger Mom

Post by psouper »

Mother of Sgt Robert Sanchez, KIA Oct 09, has discovered that some scumbag has set up three fake facebook profiles using Rob's photos. I hope someone can track him down. If you are on facebook, his name is Dylan Sorvino.
1/75 Mom
Grifter
Ranger

Re: Impersonating a Ranger on Facebook

Post by Grifter »

Either someone here worked really quickly and already ran him off or we have the wrong name spelling etc. We just did a search for him and came up with nothing.
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

If you go to the group page for Sgt Robert Sanchez and follow the link under Rob's aunt's post about the fake - then you can report him as filing a fake profile. I had to say he was impersonating a famous personality rather than saying someone I know because it wouldn't take it when I tried putting in Rob's name. I think that might be because I wasn't friends with Rob on FB. Anyway, he has closed his profile so you can't get in to see the pics anymore but he needs to be hunted down and given some good old fashioned Ranger education!!
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
psouper
Ranger Mom

Post by psouper »

Yes, it was scrubbed off FB yesterday, but his profile on another social networking site called Bebo is still up--with a picture of Rob and his dog.

http://www.bebo.com/c/profile/no_can_do ... 0195364239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1/75 Mom
Proud Ranger Aunt
Egg

Post by Proud Ranger Aunt »

This is Sgt Robert Sanchez's Aunt:

The FB page has been shut down.

We found another site yesterday using Rob's pictures as well. Bebo, he goes by the name Slyfoxrngrd I created a page and have started messaging all of this creeps friends and telling them the truth about this creep. Trying to get as much info about him as possible. I have tried to friend him, and he has now changed his privacy settings. It scares me that he will just continue to use alias names. Thats why we are trying to get Rob's story to as many people as possible on these sites!

Thanks for all the help!

The New York Post picked up the story and wrote a great article about this. I have posted the link below. Thanks again for everyones help! RLTW

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/f ... 0#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

There was also a story on Fox news today

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/10/ma ... en-online/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Posted on our "Wall of Shame."

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=56090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

Proud Ranger Aunt, I am sorry for your loss. I remember the announcement in this forum of his death and the tears I cried for his family.

There are people out there who steal the valor of these fine young men. It is even more detestful when they use those who have given their lives. I am informing those I know of this disgusting individual's acts and hope they pass it along.
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

I usually don't comment unless there is something substantive I can add.

But what a shitbag. Where the hell do these people come from?

Can I say that here or am I out of line?
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

No you can say it. We're all thinking it.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”