Infidels Incorporated - shirt design review

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

DangerClose
Ranger

Infidels Incorporated - shirt design review

Post by DangerClose »

All,

Since we've started selling more shirts, I talked with X about posting some of the designs on here for review (and comments of course). If you have any suggestions for new designs, I can basically do anything that can be printed. Just a quick note about the styles - we go for more simple styles from past experience we've had and not 'all over prints' on the shirts so much as it seems that everyone is doing those types and we want our shirts to be awesome from the content on it, not the printing - plus it lets us keep the costs down since we're a small shop. We don't have all of these for sale as we can only print what is ordered by distributors at this time...

We post these on facebook (link in signature) regularly but wanted a more closed audience for some 'colorful' comments. For some background, I did the shirts for the 2010 Best Ranger Competition (and posters) - also maintain the Best Ranger Competition website and do the US Mountain Ranger Association designs for their shirts as well.

Here's some feedback ideas...

1. Would you wear it?
2. Would you let your kids wear it?
3. Are the colors good or do they suck?
4. Suggestions for different word, picture or phrase or different idea.

We have some 18"x24" posters of some of our designs that I'll be posting as well and giving some away on here as well.

This one is for the mortar teams...
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Infidels Incorporated - shirt design review

Post by RangerX »

1. Yes
  2. Yes, although my daughters would want them in pink & purple :lol:
  3. Colors should be standard (OD, tan, black, etc.), although I tend to stay away from white
  4. I like the mortar one, it made me LOL. Humor is good. Do you have any that are intended to be outright offensive?
Don't know the legalities of image usage, but I 'shopped this up a while back. Feel free to use it.

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

As a lifetime member of the Mortar mafia :lol:, I can tell you right now I'd buy the first one right now.

I also think the second one would be in the drawer at home too.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Dude, I'm totally buying the mortar one. That's fucking awesome.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Pretty cool. I'd wear or buy either.

My kids wouldn't understand.

Personally I'd prefer black ink on the OD type shirts as opposed to white. No I did not vote for Obie, just talking t-shirts here.

Also, maybe put the 'Infidels Inc' on the left front breast area, and the larger mortar pic across the back. Seems kind of backwards.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Assuming you wanted HONEST feed back.......it's nothing to write home about. In going with the corporate theme, perhaps a corporate logo of some sort would go well.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

cams wrote:Pretty cool. I'd wear or buy either.

Personally I'd prefer black ink on the OD type shirts as opposed to white. No I did not vote for Obie, just talking t-shirts here.

Also, maybe put the 'Infidels Inc' on the left front breast area, and the larger mortar pic across the back. Seems kind of backwards.
The large logo being on the front makes sense from the theme of the logo (innuendo), but I agree that having a large logo in front and a small logo on the back on almost any t-shirt seems a little off, aesthetically speaking. Maybe increase the size of the mortar round to full scale?? Or maybe invert the mortar with the text curving upwards (and outwards from center) to give a sense of motion??
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

CloakAndDagger wrote:
cams wrote:Pretty cool. I'd wear or buy either.

The large logo being on the front makes sense from the theme of the logo (innuendo), but I agree that having a large logo in front and a small logo on the back on almost any t-shirt seems a little off, aesthetically speaking. Maybe increase the size of the mortar round to full scale?? Or maybe invert the mortar with the text curving upwards (and outwards from center) to give a sense of motion??
No it doesn't.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
DangerClose
Ranger

Post by DangerClose »

Slowpoke wrote:Assuming you wanted HONEST feed back.......it's nothing to write home about. In going with the corporate theme, perhaps a corporate logo of some sort would go well.

Slowpoke - can you 'elaborate' a little here...

Ok, just as a little backward feedback - I've done shirts with prints on the front and the back and most of the time, when you're approaching someone you see the shirt on the front first - of course that can be a 50/50 chance that you're behind someone or in front - one of the other options was to print it on the front and the back the same but seems kind of repetitive at that point.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

DangerClose wrote: one of the other options was to print it on the front and the back the same but seems kind of repetitive at that point.

Don't do that, it would be repetitive.

Like I and the other Mortar Maggot said, I want the Green One already. HOW MUCH!?

:mrgreen:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

DangerClose wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Assuming you wanted HONEST feed back.......it's nothing to write home about. In going with the corporate theme, perhaps a corporate logo of some sort would go well.

Slowpoke - can you 'elaborate' a little here...

Ok, just as a little backward feedback - I've done shirts with prints on the front and the back and most of the time, when you're approaching someone you see the shirt on the front first - of course that can be a 50/50 chance that you're behind someone or in front - one of the other options was to print it on the front and the back the same but seems kind of repetitive at that point.
I thought the front was pretty cool, but the back was underdone...maybe something larger and more like your avatar.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

What's your target audience? The designs are kind of simplistic and juvenile
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I'd prefer the mortar on the back...indirect fire and all that...
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
DangerClose
Ranger

Post by DangerClose »

The target is generally new soldiers and are for retailers like US Cavalry at this point. I found that newer (younger) soldiers like to wear the typical 'hooah' gear but something that just doesn't say 'Jump School' or normally what the PX carries. That's just from local opinion asking them while I was at Fort Benning. It's bordering on something crude but you could still wear it out somewhere... it doesn't say ''LOOK HOW BIG MY TUBE IS'' (which would still make a sweet shirt) but for the larger audience in most cases it wasn't as popular....

Simplistic is the idea for the inks - all over shirts (cough, ed hardy, cough) look douche-y too me - but again, it's opinion, not fact - although most of the people i see with them on act a little douche-y.
DangerClose
Ranger

Post by DangerClose »

IEDmagnet wrote:
DangerClose wrote: one of the other options was to print it on the front and the back the same but seems kind of repetitive at that point.

Don't do that, it would be repetitive.

Like I and the other Mortar Maggot said, I want the Green One already. HOW MUCH!?

:mrgreen:
No pricing yet as I'm only selling these to distributors - I'm not big enough to carry every design I have unfortunately...

Return to “The Mosh Pit”