Surviving the Cut

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

jrgong
Embryo

Surviving the Cut

Post by jrgong »

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/survivi ... promo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they're going to be following a few SOF pipelines, first episode I *believe* is Ranger School.
Rob
Inprocessing

Re: Surviving the Cut

Post by Rob »

I saw a commercial for this the other day, it looks interesting. I'll definitely be watching.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

jrgong wrote: first episode I *believe* is Ranger School.
Another reason for people not in the know to confuse Ranger School with RASP. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
jrgong
Embryo

Post by jrgong »

Looon wrote:
Another reason for people not in the know to confuse Ranger School with RASP. :roll:
I'm somewhat confused by your post, are you talking to me or just making a general comment? Isn't it safe to say that RS is part of the 75th's "pipeline" if you will, since if you fail you usually get kicked out?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

jrgong wrote:
Looon wrote:
I'm somewhat confused by your post, are you talking to me or just making a general comment? Isn't it safe to say that RS is part of the 75th's "pipeline" if you will, since if you fail you usually get kicked out?
Ranger School has nothing to do with the "pipeline" to get into the Regiment. You only go to Ranger School after spending considerable time as a Ranger in the Regiment.

My comment was meant in general terms.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

One of my Ranger Buddies who get recycled in Florida said he had the camera crew following them around. He graduated in say, May or so. I suppose the rest will be new(er) footage as well. The previews looked cool.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

my son said they were there filming when he went through Benning the first time. Let's see that was sooooo long ago - I think he started in March. Ha ha - he's still at it in second phase now. Fool just refuses to quit! I am so proud but will his digestive system and sleep pattern ever be normal again? How long can someone go on limited amounts of food and rest? I think he's determined to find out. Is there an ultimate limit on recycles? I mean geez we still have the lovely swamps to go and I don't know how long he intends to hang out there!!
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

75rangermom wrote:my son said they were there filming when he went through Benning the first time. Let's see that was sooooo long ago - I think he started in March. Ha ha - he's still at it in second phase now. Fool just refuses to quit! I am so proud but will his digestive system and sleep pattern ever be normal again? How long can someone go on limited amounts of food and rest? I think he's determined to find out. Is there an ultimate limit on recycles? I mean geez we still have the lovely swamps to go and I don't know how long he intends to hang out there!!

I would say your boy is fully prepared to get his Tab or come back on it, and if there is still a recycle limit, he hasn't hit it yet. And sleep and eating will go back to normal eventually- he'll just eat anything he can that isn't nailed down and sleep anywhere at anytime until he's recovered.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

Thank you Ranger (ok seriously, I'm not calling a Ranger -fatboy not in this lifetime) for the pep talk. A mom gets to worrying when she really shouldn't waste the time or energy. Trying to learn - a day at a time. Thank you for your service and God bless.
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

75rangermom wrote:Thank you Ranger (ok seriously, I'm not calling a Ranger -fatboy not in this lifetime) for the pep talk. A mom gets to worrying when she really shouldn't waste the time or energy. Trying to learn - a day at a time. Thank you for your service and God bless.
FYI, a Fatboy is a kind of motorcycle.

It's also a pretty standard configuration for the over 40 crowd
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

RangerX wrote:
75rangermom wrote:Thank you Ranger (ok seriously, I'm not calling a Ranger -fatboy not in this lifetime) for the pep talk. A mom gets to worrying when she really shouldn't waste the time or energy. Trying to learn - a day at a time. Thank you for your service and God bless.
FYI, a Fatboy is a kind of motorcycle.

It's also a pretty standard configuration for the over 40 crowd

It's also the standard configuration of those of us under 5'8" and over 190 lbs. Or as I like to think of it- built like a brick.
And for the record, round is a shape.

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

fatboy wrote:And for the record, round is a shape.
Concure :lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RangerX wrote:
fatboy wrote:And for the record, round is a shape.
Concure :lol: :lol: :lol:
Round is a shape, right Vee?!?LOL
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

The whole round is a shape gag is almost as good as listing your blood type as hersheys :D

Not that I would have ever done that or anything...

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1

Return to “The Mosh Pit”