Sapper School

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

abc123
Embryo

Re: Sapper School

Post by abc123 »

Ranger Elguapo: Yes, I did. I graduated the course but did not receive my tab. I learned a lot about the subject matter taught as well as about myself. The school was not what I expected. Although engineering techniques were taught in the course, overall I felt as though it was a sampler of many military schools in that were taught a wide variety of subjects to include airborne, air assault, and pathfinder operations (very condensed, I'm sure), radio operations, cls stuff, demo calculations and charges as well as MOUT breaching techniques to list a few. A fare amount of time was spent on military mountaineering, repelling, and rope bridging which I was not expecting. Patrolling took up the last two weeks of course. Glad I was given the opportunity to go and learned a ton...it was like trying to drink from a fire hose. My brain was fried by the end of it. Just gotta go back and get my tab now.

Ranger cams: Appreciate the advice.
DangerClose
Ranger

Post by DangerClose »

abc123 wrote:Ranger Elguapo: Yes, I did. I graduated the course but did not receive my tab.
I'm confused... did you get a 1059? If not, you didn't graduate.
abc123
Embryo

Post by abc123 »

Forgive my ignorance but what is a 1059? To answer the second part of your question, at sapper school, you can graduate without earning your tab. To earn your tab you must receive at least 700/1000pts (which come from written and practical exercises/exams, pt, etc) and receive at least 50% "Go"s on your patrolling lanes. To graduate, you only to fulfill the points requirement.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

abc123 wrote:Forgive my ignorance but what is a 1059? To answer the second part of your question, at sapper school, you can graduate without earning your tab. To earn your tab you must receive at least 700/1000pts (which come from written and practical exercises/exams, pt, etc) and receive at least 50% "Go"s on your patrolling lanes. To graduate, you only to fulfill the points requirement.
Sapper school is offically the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. It is like little league where everyone get a trophy. I think that is what happens when you send chicks to a school
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

abc123 wrote:Forgive my ignorance but what is a 1059? To answer the second part of your question, at sapper school, you can graduate without earning your tab. To earn your tab you must receive at least 700/1000pts (which come from written and practical exercises/exams, pt, etc) and receive at least 50% "Go"s on your patrolling lanes. To graduate, you only to fulfill the points requirement.

Click here
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Silverback wrote:

Click here
Hit the link out of curiosity - :lol: :lol: :lol: Did you insert that "Google How-To" SB? That was classic!
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

If you don't know what a 1059 is, that might be an "indicator". Just saying.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Lefty wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Click here
Hit the link out of curiosity - :lol: :lol: :lol: Did you insert that "Google How-To" SB? That was classic!

You have got to teach me how to do that please....Ranger Silverback.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

The Military Channel had the Sapper School on last night. They had a high percentage of completions/graduations without the awarding of the "Tab". They made a big deal out of reassuring the non-Tabbers that they could still go out and teach others what they had learned and that they should reapply to attend the course again.

My memory is not as great as it used to be but I seem to remember that when I went through RS we had some graduations without "TABS"; there were some that completed the course but had failed in Leadership or Swimming, not many of them as most knew when they were in trouble and seemed to disappear. Then again I don't recall a go/no-go phase system, the only recycles I remember were for physical injuries and those were damn few. The mind still works, just a few cylinders not quite pulling their load.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
abc123
Embryo

Post by abc123 »

Roughly 40% received their tab in my class
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Fuck special forces!

And I heard through the grapevine that . actually did attend and obtain the Sapper designation...unofficially, the only school stud has not completed is underwater basket weaving.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

So you can graduate the "Sapper Course" and not receive a Sapper "Tab" because you did not maintain the standards? Priceless.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Bravo57 wrote:So you can graduate the "Sapper Course" and not receive a Sapper "Tab" because you did not maintain the standards? Priceless.
Three levels: Fail, Good enough and Good. :roll:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “The Mosh Pit”