1942 US Rangers Combat School - 1 of 9 - Just Declassified!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerX
Ranger

Re: 1942 US Rangers Combat School - 1 of 9 - Just Declassifi

Post by RangerX »

RangerX wrote:http://www.33rdinfantrydivision.org/book_hawaii.htm

The bald guy is likely Francois D'Eliscu, who established a Ranger School at Schofield Barracks. Hit the link above then search on the word "Ranger". Interesting reading.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... scu+ranger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; produces some interesting results as well.

I have stitched the 9 segments together in to a single .MP4 file, but it is 158MB. I will try to find a way to post it shortly for anyone to download.
So try this link:

http://www.4shared.com/video/eePi2GPi/1 ... at_Sc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

KarlinPhoenix wrote:
I think that Ltc. Henry Mucci was the guy in command of the Ranger Training in Hawaii during the time the video was produced.

"The 6th Ranger Battalion was a United States Army Ranger Battalion which saw action in the Pacific during World War II. The Battalion is best known for its role in the Raid at Cabanatuan in January 1945.

98th Field Artillery Battalion
The 6th Rangers history begins with a mule-drawn pack artillery unit, the 98th Field Artillery Battalion. The 98th Field Artillery was formed at Camp Carson, Colorado in 1942 under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Callicut. In December 1942, the battalion embarked for Brisbane, Australia, but due to Australian animal importation laws, the Battalion was redirected to New Guinea, arriving at Port Moresby on 17 February, 1943.

Not to beat a dead horse, BUT THAT WAS MY GRANDFATHERS BN.... GOD BLESS HIM!!!!! Thanks for mentioning it is all I am saying. Makes my chest swell and me contemplate suicide all at the same time for my own mistakes.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

The only thing he ever told me about was being ordered to silently kill a Japanese soldier. He would tell it to a certain point, then just say that war is hell. You could tell it haunted him.

I feel bad because he saw me enlist, to be a Ranger, then died before I left.

So he got to see me fuck it up too. Just hope the rest was enough to wipe away the other. We'll find out one day soon enough.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

My Grandfather was in a Canadian Anti-Tank unit that landed on Juno Beach on D-Day. The only story he liked to tell me was about American fighter close air firing rockets on German Tanks. He said the high pitched whine would have the Germans bailing out of their tanks and that's when they'd shoot the bastards!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

KarlinPhoenix wrote:
CloakAndDagger wrote:I'll have to take a look at the footage when I get home (Youtube is blocked here), but it sounds like it could be Alamo Scout footage (they were a "color blind" unit), or possibly the forerunner to the Alamo Scouts, which was an Army-Navy joint force.
Named for his association with San Antonio, Texas, and love of the Alamo heritage, Krueger envisioned that the Alamo Scouts, consisting of small teams of highly trained volunteers, would operate deep behind enemy lines to provide intelligence-gathering and tactical reconnaissance in advance of Sixth U.S. Army landing operations.

From their first operational mission in the Admiralty Islands in February, 1944, to the end of World War II, the Alamo Scouts performed 106 known missions behind enemy lines in New Guinea and in the Philippines without losing a single man killed or captured.

Led by:
LTC Henry A. Mucci, Ranger Hall of Fame 1998
CPT James C. Fisher
CPT Robert W. Prince, Ranger Hall of Fame 1999"
Having watched the video now (Thanks, RangerX, for gluing it together!), I can rescind my remark about it maybe being Alamo Scout training, but having opened my big mouth, I feel compelled to correct some info in KarlinPhoenix's post (which he reposted from sixthrangers.com, as linked).

The 6th Army Rangers and the Alamo Scouts were separate units, but did indeed worked together on (probably) more than one occasion, most famously in the Cabanatuan POW Camp Raid. The Alamo Scouts were a 6th Army provisional unit established by 6th Army G-2 MG Walter Krueger on November 21, 1943. This followed a previous joint unit, 7th Amphibious Force Special Service #1, a.k.a. "The Amphibious Scouts" after U.S. Naval Intelligence pissed off Kreuger by forcibly detaining and interrogating an Army officer in the Amphibious Scouts. Kreuger placed LTC Frederick W. Bradshaw in command of the Alamo Scouts.

Of the Alamo Scouts that took part in the Cabanatuan Raid, their team Leaders were LT William E. Nellist, LT Thomas J. Rounsaville, and LT John M. Dove, with LT Rounsaville in over-all in charge of the Scout contigent as well as his own team. LTC Mucci was the mission (and Ranger) commander, CPT Fisher was the Ranger's surgeon, and CPT Prince was C Company commander. An additional platoon from F Company was lead by LT John P. Murphy. MAJ Robert Lapham commanded the Philipino guerilla contingent. (the sixthrangers.com post gives a roster of only the Rangers that participated).

All-in-all, some great history here, both the 6th Rangers and the Alamo Scouts.

My info is from Shadows in the Jungle by Larry Alexander. (I just got through reading it about 2 weeks ago.)
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

CloakAndDagger,

Read "Ghost Soldiers" by Hampton Sides. It's another great account of the actions from the beginning. It covers everything from the "Death March", to planning, and also life inside the camps. Great book.... I've read it twice.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

IEDmagnet wrote:CloakAndDagger,

Read "Ghost Soldiers" by Hampton Sides. It's another great account of the actions from the beginning. It covers everything from the "Death March", to planning, and also life inside the camps. Great book.... I've read it twice.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to pick it up sometime. The last two WWII books I've read, Ghost Mountain Soldiers and Shadows in the Jungle, both referenced it a couple times.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

I'll find those too.

I read too much as it is supposed to help with my mental retardation.....oops, I meant TBI. :lol: :?
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

jrgong
Embryo

Post by jrgong »

Just saw the entire series, thanks for posting it.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Try rapidshare or depositfile.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

New link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30402099/US%20A ... School.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”