A sermon to all from the Pastor

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: A sermon to all from the Pastor

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the riminder, Andy. Happy 4th of July, everybody. Freedom isn't free!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

As is my standard, I plan on putting rounds downrange on the 4th. hope everyone else has the opportunity to do something similar.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

RangerX wrote:As is my standard, I plan on putting rounds downrange on the 4th. hope everyone else has the opportunity to do something similar.
:lol: I think guns and violence are abhorant demonstrations of lessor intellectuals.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
RangerX wrote:As is my standard, I plan on putting rounds downrange on the 4th. hope everyone else has the opportunity to do something similar.
:lol: I think guns and violence are abhorant demonstrations of lessor intellectuals.
OK, then I will discharge solids-oriented fireworks in a peaceful fashion towards non-living firework recipients.

If I should disturb the sleep of rare ground squirrels, spotted owls or other such superior lifeforms, I will be sure to punish myself afterwards by forcing myself to drink hops, grain & malt based toxins in great quantity.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Thanks for the reminder Andy! You know, every day above ground is a good day and those of us still here all remember those who ain't. Happy 4th to all of you!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Thank goodness my tiny, safe and not harmful flintlocks are not classified as firearms by the US Government.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rgrokelley wrote:
Thank goodness my tiny, safe and not harmful flintlocks are not classified as firearms by the US Government.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So, shoulder fired, 105 Howitzers are considered SMALL??????
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

thanks Pastor, and the same to you. but you know that too.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Here is a quote from one of my favorite writers

Thank you for your Service, In your mind you are thanking me for a deed I did on your behalf. In my mind thanking me for my service is the same as thanking me for opening a gift. I was allowed to keep company with heroes and all that was asked of me was that I live and serve to my potential.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Silverback wrote:Here is a quote from one of my favorite writers

Thank you for your Service, In your mind you are thanking me for a deed I did on your behalf. In my mind thanking me for my service is the same as thanking me for opening a gift. I was allowed to keep company with heroes and all that was asked of me was that I live and serve to my potential.
Well quoted!
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Thank you Pastor, have a happy and safe 4th.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rgrokelley wrote:Thank goodness my tiny, safe and not harmful flintlocks are not classified as firearms by the US Government.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So, shoulder fired, 105 Howitzers are considered SMALL??????
That reminds me, this guy called and wants to talk to rgrokelley.....

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

"I now know why men who have been to war yearn to reunite. Not to tell stories or look at old pictures. Not to laugh or weep. Comrades gather because they long to be with the men who once acted at their best; men who suffered and sacrificed, who were stripped of their humanity.

I did not pick these men. They were delivered by fate and the military. But I know them in a way I know no other men. I have never given anyone such trust. They were willing to guard something more precious than my life. They would have carried my reputation, the memory of me. It was part of the bargain we all made, the reason we were so willing to die for one another. As long as I have memory, I will think of them all, every day. I am sure that when I leave this world, my last thought will be of my family and my comrades... Such good men."

--Author Unknown--
This forum provides me the natural high of an online reunion with a cherished Brotherhood. As we grow older, I see the purpose, the healing, the great importance to be among those I consider legends, my mentors, my standards of good in men, my Brothers always! I am honored to be among the Pastor's flock...
I look forward with much eagerness to attending the RHOF Induction on 9 July, when I will truly be blessed to be in the company of our finest and am proud that at leat 15 of my Nam comrades-in-arms from my unit will attend with me.
God Bless you and yours! Know you are loved.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

To my Ranger buds....We know what tough and ugly is. In each of you who served as a Ranger....we know. We did it, we did it for each other and God is my witness, you are the finest fuckers I have ever met, will meet or have aspiration to meet. Im proud of each of you because......we KNOW.

Happy 4th of July. Take a minute and tell a soldier that he/she is appreciated.

RLTW
The Pastor
Rock Island Ranger
Well ain't you some kinda sweet ole' crusty motherfucker with a heart.

Great post as usual Command Sergeant Major. Setting the standard, and motivating the fuck out of people.

You are goddamned good at that Brother, and we're just as proud of you. Enjoy it.

My thanks to all who served and/or to those loved ones that hold down the fort daily back home, without knowing "what if". That's a tough, tough job ladies, prolly tougher than the actual fighting sometimes, at least we know.
Damn proud of you too.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

a post good for the New Year
RLTW