2012?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Re: 2012?

Post by Silverback »

It's pretty big talk down here. There are a few Republicans feeling "the heat" and are trying to rally their "base". It seems a lot of these ads have moved from presenting ideas to pandering indirectly to the White "conservative" voters. In some of the ads I have seen all that is missing is a white hood.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I like the ad but unfortunately unless you know a candidate personally you never really know how they will behave if elected. The best thing the voters can do for this country is clean house. Even if all the newly elected don't turn out to be the best, Congress will at least understand that it is not and should not be a permanent job and we will clean house again if necessary.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I was a big fan of ALABAM long before moving here just over a year ago due to guys like Jeff Sessions and Judge Moore. I personally believe that all of them are crooked in one way or another but ALABAM seems to be pretty conservative. With the scumbags running this country right now, its hard NOT to do a hard right.

I don't agree with everything he says, but for the most part Glenn Beck is all over it. Watch your six!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
bandycpa
Tadpole

Post by bandycpa »

Wonder how many takes it took to shoot that commercial? There were enough edit cuts in there to kill a buffalo. I got dizzy just watching it.

I would love to see elections held without revealing the candidate's name. What if you went to a voting booth, and all that was presented was what Candidate A, B & C believed, rather than what there name is? Voting for principle rather than personality would certainly be one way to eliminate all the sensationalism involved in political campaigns, and may just give us a truer product in the various political offices.
"My religious convictions teach me to feel as safe in battle as if I were safe asleep in bed. The time of my death is fixed. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." - General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

bandycpa wrote:Wonder how many takes it took to shoot that commercial? There were enough edit cuts in there to kill a buffalo. I got dizzy just watching it.

I would love to see elections held without revealing the candidate's name. What if you went to a voting booth, and all that was presented was what Candidate A, B & C believed, rather than what there name is? Voting for principle rather than personality would certainly be one way to eliminate all the sensationalism involved in political campaigns, and may just give us a truer product in the various political offices.
What type of person seeks elected office??? Would the process change the pool of candidates or would the pool of candidates change the process?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
bandycpa
Tadpole

Post by bandycpa »

Silverback wrote:
bandycpa wrote:Wonder how many takes it took to shoot that commercial? There were enough edit cuts in there to kill a buffalo. I got dizzy just watching it.

I would love to see elections held without revealing the candidate's name. What if you went to a voting booth, and all that was presented was what Candidate A, B & C believed, rather than what their name is? Voting for principle rather than personality would certainly be one way to eliminate all the sensationalism involved in political campaigns, and may just give us a truer product in the various political offices.
What type of person seeks elected office??? Would the process change the pool of candidates or would the pool of candidates change the process?
Ranger Silverback,

At this point, I believe that the people who seek office are those who want power. In the beginning, the motivation may be to change what's 'wrong' currently. But later on, they end up falling into the same pecking order hierarchy ("if you don't vote our way, we senior govt officials will see that you don't get on "x" committee later on") that the others fall into. Couple this with, once a candidate wins an office, the trend to go into campaign mode the very next day, and the idealism of changing the scene turns into protecting your office. President Clinton never stopped campaigning, and others have picked up on this strategy...with positive results.

I really believe the process would change the candidates who sought office. Right now, you have to have a squeaky clean image, a great PR department, and a winning personality to get elected. Say what people want to hear, put it behind a winning smile and affable demeanor, and win the election. If the process changed to principle-based voting (rather than voting on the candidate's personality), I think that candidates would run based on a desire to lead rather than the desire to have power. And that's when real change would begin. It may take a few cycles to get it firmly entrenched in the political psyche, but it would make a difference.
"My religious convictions teach me to feel as safe in battle as if I were safe asleep in bed. The time of my death is fixed. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." - General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I just realized that during the commercial he says "I was a Marine during Vietnam?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
bandycpa
Tadpole

Post by bandycpa »

His bio from his website:

http://www.dalepeterson2010.com/meetdale.html

Part of the bio from the website:

"Born in Mobile, Alabama, in 1945, Dale moved to Birmingham when he was eight years old. He joined the Marine Corps in 1963, returning to Birmingham in 1967, where he became a police officer. He graduated from the University of Alabama with a B.S. degree in Sociology in 1971. Following graduation, he held several different marketing and production positions with a national industrial laundry chain. "

Return to “The Mosh Pit”