How many parents do we have here?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

42L5V
Ranger

Re: How many parents do we have here?

Post by 42L5V »

Who is this "we" you keep posting about in your thread subjects?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

Ranger 42L5V,

In the "we" I post about, I meant the entire community. I have no delusions that I'm part of a Ranger community. My military career was short, and I did not hack it - no excuses.

I came back to this site to post an apology. I thought it was decently received. I ask advice on this site because I know the men who post here have reliable information.

If my presence offends the Ranger community that much, then I'll fuck off.

If it doesn't, then I'd like to stick around - absorb information, and ask for guidance in certain matters of my life where I cannot find guidance elsewhere.

The posts I've made in the past and the person I am now are completely different. The Army taught me humility, and what it means to accept failure.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You're a drama queen DBS. The problem with your kids at school, your school issues, AIT tales - it's always something. You fail to listen and just keep grinding your organ.
Read all you want, but break your fingers before they touch a keyboard again.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

JLTW!!! wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:You're a drama queen DBS. The problem with your kids at school, your school issues, AIT tales - it's always something. You fail to listen and just keep grinding your organ.
Read all you want, but break your fingers before they touch a keyboard again.

I believe what this Ranger, and countless others over the past 3 or 4 years is trying to so eloquently say is:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Rangers don't like whining and sniveling, and damn sure don't tolerate liars. After reading thru ALL of your posts on this site, it is fucking amazing to me that you weren't banned years ago. This doesn't require a response, its a fucking one way conversation. I give a fuck what you think.
X2
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

ZoneIV wrote: You know what? You getting injured during Basic/AIT would have received absolutely no criticism on this site. It happens. We all know this. Getting medically released bears no shame either. It happens. You would have gotten respect if you decided to go home and get fully healed and then try it all over again to reach your goal but it doesn't appear you did this. You quit. It is a "never quit" attitude on here that gets respect and NOT the obvious BS, outright lies you wrote to try to impress the Rangers on here. This type of behavior has never been acceptable in the Ranger Community.
Ranger ZoneIV -

To say that I have accepted failure - to me - equates to what you described in this post. I have learned to live with my failures in the Army and moved on.

I never once said I quit, or that I want out - ever. The medical board deemed that I was unfit for duty due to my injuries. I fought tooth and nail to retain my Active Duty status and drive on in the military. I received an honorable discharge under medical conditions, I performed the same duties that all of the trainee's I was with performed to complete Basic training, and was awarded the MOS of 91W in AIT.

My DD214 reads:
Type of separation: DISCHARGE
Character of service: HONORABLE
Separation authority: AR 635-40, PARA 4-24B (3)
Separation code: JFL
Reentry code: 3
Narrative reason for separation: Disability, severance pay

It is unfortunate that my portrayal of actions on this board do not coincide with how the Army deemed my actions to be.

What I do take offense to, is Rangers stacking up on me claiming I was given a General Discharge - that I lie to civilians about what I did in the Army - that I tell fake war stories for kicks. I do none of this, period.

I have nothing but the highest level of respect for those who have served - and I served honorably, and pushed myself to every limit my body and mind could handle. It was not enough. I am not eligible for re-enlistment due to the disabilities my injuries have left me with - I have tried to re-enlist and overcome where I failed before.

I am not some mopey shitbag who spends all his days wondering "why me?". My posts on this board come off as such because I have nothing in common with the Rangers here. I was searching for advice from those who I hold with the highest regard - instead I am told to shut the fuck up.

The only usefulness I have to this board is to tell those in training not to ignore their injuries and push through them - when they are serious injuries. It will fuck you in the long run.

I would like to be allowed to continue asking post service questions for guidance on this board - but if the Ranger community deems me to be a shitbag, then it is what it is. I'm open to any questions that may help sway an opinion on this privilege. If I'm not welcome to that, then so be it.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Looks like you chose not to break your fingers.
:roll:
oh well.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

just fucking stop. again, STFU. now I want to break your fingers for you.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Your sig line sucks. No man of courage has ever been defeated, nor would quantify it in terms that he can justify. By the way, Ingersoll was the son of a minister who declared himself an agnostic - meaning, he didn't listen to his fucking elders either. He claims his closest friend was Walt Whitman - a transcendalist who is commonly thought to be a homosexual. I can think of better men to quote than a "Colonel" who surrendered and sat out the Civil War.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
CWeber
Ranger

Post by CWeber »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
ZoneIV wrote: You know what? You getting injured during Basic/AIT would have received absolutely no criticism on this site. It happens. We all know this. Getting medically released bears no shame either. It happens. You would have gotten respect if you decided to go home and get fully healed and then try it all over again to reach your goal but it doesn't appear you did this. You quit. It is a "never quit" attitude on here that gets respect and NOT the obvious BS, outright lies you wrote to try to impress the Rangers on here. This type of behavior has never been acceptable in the Ranger Community.
Ranger ZoneIV -

To say that I have accepted failure - to me - equates to what you described in this post. I have learned to live with my failures in the Army and moved on.

I never once said I quit, or that I want out - ever. The medical board deemed that I was unfit for duty due to my injuries. I fought tooth and nail to retain my Active Duty status and drive on in the military. I received an honorable discharge under medical conditions, I performed the same duties that all of the trainee's I was with performed to complete Basic training, and was awarded the MOS of 91W in AIT.

My DD214 reads:

It is unfortunate that my portrayal of actions on this board do not coincide with how the Army deemed my actions to be.

What I do take offense to, is Rangers stacking up on me claiming I was given a General Discharge - that I lie to civilians about what I did in the Army - that I tell fake war stories for kicks. I do none of this, period.

I have nothing but the highest level of respect for those who have served - and I served honorably, and pushed myself to every limit my body and mind could handle. It was not enough. I am not eligible for re-enlistment due to the disabilities my injuries have left me with - I have tried to re-enlist and overcome where I failed before.

I am not some mopey shitbag who spends all his days wondering "why me?". My posts on this board come off as such because I have nothing in common with the Rangers here. I was searching for advice from those who I hold with the highest regard - instead I am told to shut the fuck up.
The only usefulness I have to this board is to tell those in training not to ignore their injuries and push through them - when they are serious injuries. It will fuck you in the long run.

I would like to be allowed to continue asking post service questions for guidance on this board - but if the Ranger community deems me to be a shitbag, then it is what it is. I'm open to any questions that may help sway an opinion on this privilege. If I'm not welcome to that, then so be it.

You seem to understand what is happening here. There are plenty of other places on the internet to get the information you desire.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

DBS,

I sent you a PM. I reread all your old BS PMs from when you were in school that you sent me and I have a deal for you. One of my pilots in OIF is a LT for LA County. I think this is more of the old BS but I'll see if you will bite on it, Reply to my PM and I will make sure the information is in the hands of a no bullshit, competant LEO who has rank in the department.

The phone company releases the information to law enforcement whenever a credible threat is made, all threats that state "I am going to kill you" are taken as credible. As a dispatcher I can have that information in MINUTES whenever an officer listens to the message and tells me to get it, i fill out the afidavit and fax it. That is why I think you are full of shit.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

91W wrote:DBS,

I sent you a PM. I reread all your old BS PMs from when you were in school that you sent me and I have a deal for you. One of my pilots in OIF is a LT for LA County. I think this is more of the old BS but I'll see if you will bite on it, Reply to my PM and I will make sure the information is in the hands of a no bullshit, competant LEO who has rank in the department.

The phone company releases the information to law enforcement whenever a credible threat is made, all threats that state "I am going to kill you" are taken as credible. As a dispatcher I can have that information in MINUTES whenever an officer listens to the message and tells me to get it, i fill out the afidavit and fax it. That is why I think you are full of shit.
PM replied. Let me know what other information you need.

DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

CWeber wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
Ranger ZoneIV -

My DD214 reads:

You seem to understand what is happening here. There are plenty of other places on the internet to get the information you desire.

Ranger CWeber,

I get it, but I would not have gotten the help that 91W is offering anywhere else. If he is serious about it, anyway.

I don't belong here, after myself and 91W are done I'll fade away quietly.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”