Former Ranger & police officer Mark Allen Macphail, Sr.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

alskat
Egg

Former Ranger & police officer Mark Allen Macphail, Sr.

Post by alskat »

We need some support for the family of Mark Allen Macphail, Sr. (http://www.markallenmacphail.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) Mark was a ranger stationed at Hunter Army Airforce in Savannah, GA. when he left military service, he became a police officer with Savannah Police Dept. on 8/19 20 years ago, he was murdered. the murderer still sits on death row but has LOTS of support to get him off.

There are several ways that you can support this effort:

1. attend one of the rallies mentioned on the website. we need bodies so that the media can't say there is no support for mark's family or that the community doesn't want the sentence to be carried out.
2. join the facebook cause "Justice for Officer Mark Allen Macphail, Sr.", if you can't find it you are welcome to find me on facebook and i'll send you the link.
3. order a t-shirt for $10. this will help cover the family's expenses for these rallies. they don't have a consortium sponsoring them so the flyers and banners and travel expenses, etc. are coming out of pocket.

Thanks for allowing me to join this group to share this information with you. While Mark didn't die overseas, he did die protecting our community and in service to our country. The animal that murdered him wasn't satisfied just shooting him and running away, he walked over after Mark was down and shot him in the face to finish him off.

Kathy Barefoot
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Former Ranger & police officer Mark Allen Macphail, Sr.

Post by RANGER513 »

Ms. Barefoot,

Greetings, Ma'am.

Thank you very much for posting this information here. As a Ranger and 17+ year law enforcement officer, it sadden me and extremely angered me to hear about this Warriors death. I have donated to this cause and wish I could do more. The punishment this " animal " needs cannot correctly be described on here.

The only reason why I announce on here that I have donated to Mark's family is to respectfully ask who you might be ? The information that you posted is awesome and I hope others choose to donate to Mark's family, however a introduction of yourself would be great so we know who you are.

Again, thank you for posting this informaton and welcome to the site, Ma'am.

Respectfully,

RANGER513
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
alskat
Egg

Post by alskat »

I'd be happy to give some credentials on myself. My father, Lt. RE Henry, served on the Savannah Police Dept. from 1960-1993. I grew up in and out of the department and worked an off duty job with many of the younger officers (who worked for my dad at our civic center). I worked in the DA's office from 1988-1990. Mark was murdered in 1989 so I was surrounded by this case in my police family and the DAs office where I worked.

I am a member of the Frank W. Mobley Lodge #7 Fraternal Order of Police Auxiliary in Savannah, Ga. and was the vice president for 10 years before stepping down from office last year.

My sister was sick of the news media's coverage of how poor Troy Anthony Davis had been wrongly convicted by a racially motivated jury and that the witnesses had recanted their stories, when in truth there were 7 black jurors and 5 white jurors and after being tormented by davis supporters, several witnesses had recanted a portion of testimony here and there....so she started a facebook page "Justice for Officer Mark Allen Macphail, Sr." so that Mark's family would know that a few people still remembered the cost to their family and supported them. That cause site has grown from the 300 she hoped for to over 3,200 today...in a matter of a few weeks.

Mark's family had planned to come to Savannah to remember the day and the rallies have grown out of that plan. There is one planned for Savannah on the 20 yr anniversary, 1 in Columbus, GA where Mark is from, and 1 in Atlanta, GA, our state capitol.

My first memory of my dad being a police officer involves the chaplain coming to the house to tell us my dad was injured on duty and they didn't know how severely. He survived but that memory and feeling never left so I have a special place for this family in my heart. That's why I am involved. If we as law enforcement family or military family do not speak up for our own....who do we expect to do it? Outsiders have no clue what it's like to send your love one out the door to serve the community or country. I'm proud to stand beside the Macphail family and demand that justice be served in this case and that enough is enough. We have a new black DA who has said he will decide what he will do after this 3rd time in front of the supreme court. I have a sister and brother who are on the department where my dad served for 33 years.....I'm doing this for Mark and his family...for my dad....and for my siblings and friends in law enforcement.

You're welcome to look me up on facebook, I welcome any conversation on this topic. Kathy Barefoot
alskat
Egg

Post by alskat »

ALSO....I have had a busy evening meeting with Mark, Jr. and Dawn, planning the Savannah rally. Mark asked me tonight if there is any way for him to contact some of the men who served with his dad. He has the picture of his dad's graduating class and can provide that.

Thanks,

kathy
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Thank you, Ma'am.

Welcome here.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Welcome Ma'am.

We've been following this campaign for justice for some time now along with the roller coaster ride of appeals and stays:

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.p ... 26&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
alskat
Egg

Post by alskat »

The case is up at the US Supreme Ct for a THIRD time, having been denied twice already. Our new black DA has said that he will announce what his plans are for the case after the Supreme Ct submits their finding. There are 3 websites listed on the justice facebook page which details all of the court history and where the case is, as well as the facts of the case. also, http://www.markallenmacphail.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a few pictures of Mark, including one in his ranger uniform.

I've just gotten my hands on the response that DA Spencer Lawton wrote a few years ago on the case, it's very evident that Lawton is totally satisfied that the right person is sitting on death row and the document is very thorough in his reasons. I've spoken with officers who have dealt with Troy Davis during that time period, they have no doubts either. I spoke with the chief of police of our department during that time, just last night. He is very passionate about this case. Davis, and his sister who speaks so eloquently on his behalf now, were both thugs with rap sheets detailing their criminal behavior. The witnesses have been hounded to death by people trying to get davis' conviction overturned. You can not imagine the pressure they have been under the past 20 yrs. by certain elements in our community.

The problem we are facing as of today is that the current police chief of the department where Ofc Macphail served, has sent down a directive that his officers are not allowed to attend the courthouse rally. The officers that have the guts to ignore that suggestion will be in CA at the national FOP conference or out of town. My concern is that there be enough of a turnout for the rallies, especially in Savannah, to show the media and community at large that there is still enough public sentiment to support this matter.

Through working on these rallies, I have gotten to know Mark, Jr. Mark is 20 years old, he was 3 months old when his father was murdered and his sister Madison is about a year older. Mark is a very impressive young man. He speaks intelligently and passionately on his father's behalf and he stands up to the scrutiny of the media and detractors. He has met with every person involved that will meet with him and he can tell you anything there is about the case. He's been standing alone here in Savannah, defending his father's honor and good name. We are determined that he doesn't do that on August 19th.

If you watched the CNN piece on the wrongful conviction of Davis recently (or so THEIR slant was), Ofc. Macphail's widow, Joan, had a very short comment or two. They edited out everything she had to say. We are working to get some coverage that will show the other side.

thanks for the soapbox!

kathy

Georgians for Justice
Justice for Mark Allen MacPhail SR
Savannah, GA Rally
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
10:30 am
Savannah Courthouse
(Montgomery Street)
He answered the call and gave us his all…
Come out and support justice for fallen officers slain in the line of duty
T shirts $10.00 contact Dawn Dalton
dawn@markallenmacphail.org
---------------------------

Atlanta Rally
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Capital building
(Washington street side)
----------------------------
Columbus, GA Rally
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Columbus Government Center
(10th street side)
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

alskat wrote:ALSO....I have had a busy evening meeting with Mark, Jr. and Dawn, planning the Savannah rally. Mark asked me tonight if there is any way for him to contact some of the men who served with his dad. He has the picture of his dad's graduating class and can provide that.

Thanks,

kathy
PM me his contact information. I will talk to him.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81

Return to “The Mosh Pit”