Diet, Good Health and how to achieve it

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bugsy
Ranger

Diet, Good Health and how to achieve it

Post by Bugsy »

We rarely discuss this much on the board but our health whether we believe we're in good shape or not should always be of primary importance to us. Achieving that can come from a multitude of ways, diet and physical exercise being a main contributor of whether or not we maintain a good healthy body.

I would encourage everyone to check out this blog written by a health professional who clearly defines ways to maintain healthy eating, lose weight and avoid high blood pressure or heart disease.

Check it out: http://www.healthwise4ever.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Diet, Good Health and how to achieve it

Post by panthersix »

a BJ a day keeps the doc away! Especially the gyno....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

panthersix wrote:a BJ a day keeps the doc away! Especially the gyno....
You see a gyno?!?

Walking away from this one.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

RangerX wrote:
panthersix wrote:a BJ a day keeps the doc away! Especially the gyno....
You see a gyno?!?

Walking away from this one.....
only when it gets a bit yeasty....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bugsy wrote:We rarely discuss this much on the board but our health whether we believe we're in good shape or not should always be of primary importance to us. Achieving that can come from a multitude of ways, diet and physical exercise being a main contributor of whether or not we maintain a good healthy body.

I would encourage everyone to check out this blog written by a health professional who clearly defines ways to maintain healthy eating, lose weight and avoid high blood pressure or heart disease.

Check it out: http://www.healthwise4ever.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My wife is a Nutrition Nazi. For her, food is fuel, and must serve a nutritional value for her to eat it, with very few exceptions.

Anyone who has seen me knows that does not apply to me... :lol:

The one thing that applies pretty much across the board is do not consume processed foods. Avoid most refined "white" things, i.e. refined flour, refined sugar, crisco, etc. Don't eat anything that has ingredients you can't pronounce. Don't eat anything with "colors" in the ingredients. Avoid food that comes in a a cardboard box. Try to focus on foods that can spoil, i.e. fresh produce, meats, fish, etc. If it is grain based, make sure it involves the whole grain.

One thing many folks overlook is what they drink. Yeah excessive alcohol will mess with you, but many forget the dangers of soft drinks. I quit drinking sodas of all kinds and lost about 10 pounds. I stopped drinking sweet tea & lost about 10 more. Water, beer & coffee are my main beverages, with some fruit juices thrown in occasionally.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

The one thing that applies pretty much across the board is do not consume processed foods. Avoid most refined "white" things, i.e. refined flour, refined sugar, crisco, etc. Don't eat anything that has ingredients you can't pronounce. Don't eat anything with "colors" in the ingredients. Avoid food that comes in a a cardboard box. Try to focus on foods that can spoil, i.e. fresh produce, meats, fish, etc. If it is grain based, make sure it involves the whole grain.

One thing many folks overlook is what they drink. Yeah excessive alcohol will mess with you, but many forget the dangers of soft drinks. I quit drinking sodas of all kinds and lost about 10 pounds. I stopped drinking sweet tea & lost about 10 more. Water, beer & coffee are my main beverages, with some fruit juices thrown in occasionally.
Dude, that is sooooooo hard to do, I need a food nazi too! My wife is saltoholic, she has to have chips and other salty snacks around the house, and I have a wicked ice cream habit......

QRT was here
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Anyone know where I might get some DIET peanut M & M's?
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RangerRon wrote:Anyone know where I might get some DIET peanut M & M's?
yep...

Here's how to do it:

I just suck the candy and chocolate off 'em and put them into the planters peanut can with some fresh salt...been doin' it for years, family has no idea...fuck 'em...I pay the bills.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I try to avoid anything "good for you"! I came back from RVN weighing 145 lbs and promised myself that I was going to eat well forever. I want food like I've lived my life.....with some fucking flavor! If I eat sweets, I want them to make my jaws hurt. If I have mexican food, I want my bald head to break out in perspiration. I don't want half cooked vegetables or any of that shit they have to put garlic on to have any flavor at all.

Good health is more a state of mind than anything else! Like everything else in life, attitude counts for more than anything towards your health.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Oto-Man wrote:
yep...

Here's how to do it:

I just suck the candy and chocolate off 'em and put them into the planters peanut can with some fresh salt...been doin' it for years, family has no idea...fuck 'em...I pay the bills.
Ranger Oto-Man,
nice..... that's classic I can just picture this..... needs to go into the most memorable ArmyRanger.com post thread.
Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Oto-Man wrote:
yep...

Here's how to do it:

:D :D :D

Diet and good health is extremely important; but, it's sooooo difficult. I guess that's why most of America is fat. It's a serious commitment, at least for me it is. I used to have all kinds of fucked up GI problems. I cold turkyed soda and tea about 2 years ago. I only drink water, and the occasional beer. No more GI issues. I've cut out 95% of the fast food, and eat a shit load of veggies and small portions of lean meat, fish, and occasionally, chicken. I hate eating like a fucking bird, but I had to do something; I regret that it took me this long to get my lazy ass movitated enough to make a change. It's shameful that I used to be somewhat of a PT stud, and I let myself turn into a 185lbs fat shit with high blood pressure, and high colesterol. That was at the end of January. As of this morning, I'm 158lbs, and my blood pressure was 131/77. I still need to loose 13lbs more. I feel a lot better. I'm running and exercising and buying smaller clothes.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Where can I buy some of that turkey soda? :)
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

panthersix wrote:Where can I buy some of that turkey soda? :)
http://www.jonessoda.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty sure it's seasonal though.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

yeah, the turkey and gravy soda is all sold out! geez...
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08

Return to “The Mosh Pit”